Another Render (yeah... I Know...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nice touch, I don't know if it was intentional:

pandkeyhs0.jpg

God damn, this is a masterpiece! I've changed my opinion. I think 3000 release units is nowhere near enough! Please, nobody tell your friends/family about this until I make my order! J/k... I think I'll have to buy my dad one though. With his money of course :D

Nice render ED, fantastic job ;)

MWeston said:
Great job ED! I can't believe how fast you were able to get this done!
Well, just got the STL-files this afternoon from Fatih and couldn't resist to use them :p

Last edited:
Now all you need is 3 shift keys (left, right and top), control, meta, hyper, super, alt, altgr, command, option, and compose modifier keys, and Lisp Machine and SPARC emulators. :D

EvilDragon said:
Well, just got the STL-files this afternoon from Fatih and couldn't resist to use them :p
We need STL files too!

Fatih = case designer?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to see that those O & P keys seem to be within easy reach if you're using the buttons to extend it to 6 functional face buttons if need be.

edit: I say this because if the "home" for your thumb is the 4 face buttons, it will feel more awkward (at least to me) to be reaching up for extra buttons rather than down. The original xbox controller is kind of annoying in that sense.

Nice work Ed, I'm constantly impressed with your rendering abilities. However, please lose the screws, they make the top part look horrid (or at least turn them black). I know the screws are not determined on the final model yet, but why kill a render with silver screws? Plus it'll only take you about five minutes to change it ;)

With all due respect, that D-Pad LOOKS (I obviously haven't used it) sub-par (much worse than the one in the original renders). It reminds me kind of the D-Pad on the original, fat DS. Can you confirm whether or not that will be the final D-Pad?

Other stuff looks great, though.

JerryG20 said:
With all due respect, that D-Pad LOOKS (I obviously haven't used it) sub-par (much worse than the one in the original renders). It reminds me kind of the D-Pad on the original, fat DS. Can you confirm whether or not that will be the final D-Pad?

No, not final.

MWeston said:
JerryG20 said:

No, not final.

Make sure the final D-pad gets a DaveC seal of approval :lol:

Squidge said:
Nice work Ed, I'm constantly impressed with your rendering abilities. However, please lose the screws, they make the top part look horrid (or at least turn them black). I know the screws are not determined on the final model yet, but why kill a render with silver screws? Plus it'll only take you about five minutes to change it ;)
I didn't want them to be silver, I wanted them to be black... had a setting wrong.
Changing doesn't take long, but rerendering takes 20 - 30 minutes.
Will fix it with the next renderings :)

Last edited:
craigix said:
DaveC designed the Dpad.
Well then, I expect it to be the best D-pad in the world! Didn't he design the case as well?

The only thing I'm worried about is: Where's the TV-out?

I'm really wondering how TV-out is going to work on the pandora (plugs and such), and I'm not sure if I missed a topic somewhere explaining it or what.

Any light that could be shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and on another note. Do we know who the US Distributor will be and the URL for their website? I would like to know so that I can have it bookmarked for when pre-orders start.

-God Ginrai

My response to this new render (combined with the PSX speed news) is:

I want my freaking Pandora NOW damnit.

NOW.

Looks very nice.

It's clear people are never gonna be 100% satisfied with the dpad, but I think the designers and know what they are doing and have accounted for a great deal of user feedback on things. Given DaveC's work on fixing the GP2X dpad I think he'll get it right.

MWeston said:
JerryG20 said:

No, not final.

*phew* the relief! Please make it a 8-way d-pad, that's all I'm asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back