Another Gpx2 Naming Thread

pea posted on Aug 7 2005 at 06:06 AM said:
You do realise that 'unic' in english sounds exactly like 'eunuch' (pronounced 'unick') don't you? Do you realise this is 'a man who has been castrated'. It also has another meaning too, which is just as innapropriate for a hand-held - 'an ineffective man'.

great suggestion

this is I-unic not unic.
I know you are also in the contest but at least be fair-play not trying to flame everyone who's not agreeing your ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
echidna posted on Aug 7 2005 at 08:16 AM said:
pea posted on Aug 7 2005 at 06:06 AM said:
You do realise that 'unic' in english sounds exactly like 'eunuch' (pronounced 'unick') don't you? Do you realise this is 'a man who has been castrated'. It also has another meaning too, which is just as innapropriate for a hand-held - 'an ineffective man'.

great suggestion

this is I-unic not unic.
I know you are also in the contest but at least be fair-play not trying to flame everyone who's not agreeing your ideas.
He's got a good point, though. "I - unick". :p It would work if the emphasis when you speak it was on the "i" (which would make it sound closer to "unique"), but not if the emphasis is on the "u".

Last edited by a moderator:
Final logos from me:

Version 5-White
gpx2logo67dr.png

Version 5-Black
gpx2logo77il.png

this is I-unic not unic.
I know you are also in the contest but at least be fair-play not trying to flame everyone who's not agreeing your ideas

Sorry to come accross that way, dude, thats not my intention.

Like ESN says - I am trying to point out a potentially embarrasing situation. It doesn't matter what letter you put in front, the similarity is still there!

For example, you wouldn't call a console 'fart' even if it had another letter infront, like 'i-fart' or 'e-fart' :D.

Not trying to put you down, just pointing out that you may not have seen the similarity between unic and eunuch :). To tell you the truth - at first I thought that you DID know that it was similar, and that you were doing it as a joke!

Back