Another Gpx2 Naming Thread

Delsabre

Website
nuqlear.com
arg

i hope they choose a good name because...

theres a lot of bad names on there.

before submitting your name, please try to think about how it would sound in a sentence. examples:

"What, this? This isn't a GBA, it's a MOSES."

"I just bought a Gypsy off of Lik-sang and I can't wait!"

"Hey, can I play with your GP Enis?"

i wish they just kept it the same :(

I notice there are a lot of negative ones too, not neccesarilly bad names, but they have negative conotations, such as:
scorpion
mutant
nemesis
chaos
etc..

And some plain..erm..ridiculous ones where the author has tried to make each letter stand for something, and the end result makes no sense what-so-ever in english!
"eXtreme Entertainment Device Inspired in Open source Nature" ??

Leviathan : cos its a powerhouse.

EDIT:Spelling

I have made two suggestions so far.

X-Duo:

xduo.png

and

Omnium:

omnium.PNG

Which one do you all like better?

One of the best names I've seen so far has been the Neptune. It's not original at all, but it's very memorable. That, or the GPNova (sorry Nova, I saw that nobody else submitted it :p).

pea, I think you make very good logos, even though I wouldn't feel very comfortable with about half of your names (although Spirit is good... but "Revolution" has been taken by Nintendo already).

But the overall best name is, of course, the
jabberwocky37re.jpg

... hah, not really. :p I may use it for a site logo, though - I think it looks kinda nice but it definitely doesn't fit a handheld electronic (you need something a lot more sleek for that).

pea, I think you make very good logos, even though I wouldn't feel very comfortable with about half of your names

Haha! I wouldn't feel comfortable with some of them either - but it's what GPH selects at the end of the day that counts. Personally, I quite like a couple of other peoples suggestions, namely 'gamewave' and 'spark', but out of mine I like 'pulse' the best; One sylable, trendy, can't confuse it with other words (and no need to spell it out).

For example, 'scene' - it would never work because it can be confused with 'seen'.

'Evolution' I like too, but is perhaps a little long.

Here's my MS-Paint-a-rific logo job:

Version 2: No need for corrective lenses anymore!
gpx2logo22aj.png

Version 3: Crank the color up to 11!
gpx2logo23ee.png

Version 4: Let there be light!
gpx2logo22tc.png

I thought of GP Age (GPH - Gamepark Holdings, get it? :D), but since they are changing the company name... :(

Would also sound like Lik Sang (etc.) became pushers these days: "I just bought Age off of Lik-Sang." :lol:

Hmm. I submitted the name Janus.

Janus was the Roman God of doors, doorways, beginnings and endings, so it's kinda fitting given that this is a new handheld and that Gamepark Holdings is now a separate company "starting a-fresh".

Janus is also usually depicted by the two-headed face of a man, one looking back the other looking forward. This ties in with the dual-core CPU and also with one head looking back to the GP32 and the other looking to the future (if you want to read that much into it..............)

Delsabre posted on Aug 5 2005 at 09:59 PM said:
"Hey at can I play with your GP Enis?"

i think it'd be awesome to say:

my gpenis is way bigger than your psp beatch!

pea posted on Aug 6 2005 at 03:45 AM said:
Scene

wow!
just wow.
i mean...
wow!

the logo could be smoother, but still...

wow!

i'm like ... wow!
all WOW!

and now i quit World Of Warcraft, to say
yeah.. i like this one

---------

http://gpx2.com/support/support_sugest_vie...=01&chk=&direc=

;)
holy crap!

http://gpx2.com/support/support_sugest_vie...=01&chk=&direc=
---------

by the way, is this a bad sign?

preview.jpg

i hope this is not the new name...
and did you see the "september 2005" line?

but i don't really worry about the release date. i'm going to by a laptop soon, so the later the gp enis is release the better.

ps: "gp enis release" - sounds kinda funny

Last edited by a moderator:
no, thats a fansite for the gpx2.

september is the releace of the site

Alternative power is the motto, i suppose

sylvodsds posted on Aug 6 2005 at 01:07 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Aug 6 2005 at 11:59 AM said:
Esn posted on Aug 6 2005 at 05:15 AM said:
One of the best names I've seen so far has been the Neptune. It's not original at all, but it's very memorable.

http://hawanja.com/sega_neptune.htm

hahaa ;)
nice once indeed ^_^
Yeah, I knew about that. Still, the "Neptune" was never actually used as the name, and it already has some publicity attached to it because people remember the Sega planets thing. I think it would be a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
as i already submitted to them:

GP I-unic (take out th GP and it's even funnier)

I-UNIC is the play with words:

I - like High quality
UNIC - like the french word "unique" which means "only one" and refers to something special
I-UNIC - like something highly special
I-UNIC - like ionic to refer to ionic moleculs which are attracted or attractive. they make the world react and react to the world.

http://www.gpx2.com/logoFile/GPi-uniclogofinal.bmp

nothing else to add till now

You do realise that 'unic' in english sounds exactly like 'eunuch' (pronounced 'unick') don't you? Do you realise this is 'a man who has been castrated'. It also has another meaning too, which is just as innapropriate for a hand-held - 'an ineffective man'.

great suggestion

Back