Another Delay... Anyway We Can Get Some Shipped Out To Odevelopers Tho

aesir911

aesir triumphs
Perhaps they have already done so, but don't you think they should send out the Pandoras to emulator developers, so once the delays do stop, we'll have something worth waiting for? Obviously not every chum off the street, but noteworthy ones like: Cpasjuste, Pickle, Squidge, JayFoxRox, Firefox, and Ari64 (sorry if I missed any of you developers, just providing a few examples)? Afterall, there is only so much work that can be done elsewhere. Perhaps I am wrong though, do these developers already have the device? Are they on the Pandora team?

Well I would love to get my Pandora early, but I'm probably not going to have a lot of time over the holidays anyway.

I just spent about 10 hours figuring out why smash bros was crashing (it was a bug in the constant folding). I probably wouldn't have been able to debug that if I just had an hour here and there.

Ari64 said:
Well I would love to get my Pandora early, but I'm probably not going to have a lot of time over the holidays anyway.

I just spent about 10 hours figuring out why smash bros was crashing (it was a bug in the constant folding). I probably wouldn't have been able to debug that if I just had an hour here and there.
still with a pandora, your work would go faster right? plus it would be a very good reward, for what you have done so far :)

if i should choose the dev's, it would be:
-Pickle.
-Exophase.
-Ari64.
-Zodttd.
-borgqueenx. (awesome stuff he created using "GML" launguage before.)

ofcource there are alot other good dev's, but this is the top :D

I think it will be hard for craigix (or someone else) to decide what dev's the pandora should get. But i think the developers here are just talking like ari64. they dont neccacary need pandora, but would all love to receive it.
I love the users on this forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
still with a pandora, your work would go faster right? plus it would be a very good reward, for what you have done so far :)
There are some things that I can't test until I get a Pandora. So yes, it would help if I had one. What I'm saying is don't expect stuff to magically happen the day my Pandora arrives.

Ari64 said:
I just spent about 10 hours figuring out why smash bros was crashing (it was a bug in the constant folding).

I love you. But I agree, developers working heavily on software wouldn't increase production rapidly by just receiving a new Pandora. As for deciding who gets one, this could have polarizing effects, as if I was a developer that didn't get chosen and wanted an early Pandora, I might stop working as hard on software as I was. (Not trying to be mysterious or something, I'm not doing anything in secret or developing.)

Give Ari64 a console ASAP!

Any work that can be done on Mupen64Plus is absolutely necessary!!

Also, while Developers have been mentioned, does the PSX emu play all games at FS? (Metal Gear Solid/RE titles)?

(I got my GP2x BACK!)

I'm guessing the first list would look something like this. ;)

* Michael Weston
* Craig Rothwell
* Michael Mrozek
* M. Fatih KILIC
* cpasjuste
* DJWillis
* DaveC
* notaz
* Skeezix
* Squidge
* Scott Smith
* Vimacs

More good names (imo) would be Ari64, Adventus, maybe Drk||Raziel. This is just based on stuff that we know about though - Craig may have some other irons in the fire too.

Gruso,
Do you ever sleep??
You seem to post 24/7!

Also, you forgot to add me to that list! Kingoddball! I'm sure I'll make....
hmm.... A 'hello World" when someone releases a tutorial!

MDave said:
I'd be able to port ZEQ2Lite and Kurok to the Pandora sooner if I got mine now, but I don't think they are high priority software people want? :p
I'm interested in psp and n64 emulation more from a technical perspective, but I'm actually looking forward to ZEQ2Lite more. :lol:

As much as I would like to have a pre-release unit (in the case that I still get a final one later), I think some other people deserve it more, maybe even those not directly related to Pandora, but those who develop common libraries.
I also don't know how much time I have over the holidays and at the moment I have other projects too.

You can strike some devs from your list tho because they already have a beagleboard. I doubt a Pandora would be of much greater use for them and it would be a waste of resources

Back