Another Bluetooth Gamepad with Keyboard - It's got a frickin Laser on it's head!

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
As per the Title , check out this beast, it's got a frickin Laser!

http://usb.brando.com/5-in-1-bluetooth-mini-keyboard_p02986c034d015.html

UKEYB010800_06_L.jpg

I'm just going to throw this suggestion out there, the possibility that this was not made by a gamer.

But Craig, come on, it's got a frickin laser on it's head. Throw in a shark or an angry Sea Bass and I'm sold.

The controls are so horrible looking that I actually physically shuddered. Yes, I was physically repulsed by this piece of tat.

Pretty freakin' comprehensive keyboard, though. 6 frikkin rows!

Haha, it's even optimized for Windows, with a dedicated CTRL-ALT-DEL key :)

Interesting thingie - the dpad looks crappy though, and wth did they do with the action buttons? I also don't particularily like the way the keys are arranged (Q,A,Z should not be in a vertical column, they should be a bit diagonal; backspace is an Fn-button, wtf? nonstandard location for ;':"). Those joysticks don't look very comfortable, and it looks like they will break right off if you put it in your pocket. Backlight is cool, and laser pointer / torch are fun gadgets.

What's the battery life of this thing?

Overall, I think they tried to put too much stuff on it without getting any of it really right - so yes, it's all in one, but it's a crappy game pad, a crappy keyboard, a crappy mouse and a not very convenient laser pointer and torch.

Doesn't look bad at first glance, actually. The d-pad doesn't look very comfortable, but it's hard to be sure. What with the laser pointer, this might be ideal for business users to help with presentations, and maybe teachers as well.

The backlit keyboard is nice.

Doesn't say how long the battery lasts.

Are there any reviews of this thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
That laser pointer has to be hard to aim though. Even a regular laser pointer is hard to keep steady; this one is probably impossible to use with just 1 hand. So it will make you look very, very silly.

People, don't be surprised.. there are literally _hundreds_ of these types of things; the edge iCP2 may have is that its more oriented to gaming, than general purpose.

I've had one of these for _years_, for controlling consoles and media players and such; totally awesome really, and works great with Pandora too I might add ;) Just no gamign controls.. but theres dozens with gamign controls. They're just not very good at it.

But don't get all fanboi .. options are _good_ :) (I've been using Candyboard + iCP1 myself, for quite awhile.)

VisionTek-CandyBoard-Bluetooth-Keyboard.jpg

NOTE:This is a "Keyboard", that happens to have some form of gaming controls(although they look terrible).

The ICP2 is a "Gaming Controller" that also has a quality keyboard that is there to enhance the gaming experiance.

Like it has been stated above, devices like this have been around forever, and they normally suck, that's why you never hear from many past the short period that they are produced.

Chris

Grid-style keyboards disgust me!

I took a considerable amount of inspiration from the Pandora when designing the iControlPad's keyboard layout. Although I took some liberties with the giant-ass central space bar.

Grids just feel wrong, and not having a gap between keys is awkward. Yuck.

I presume you have to have surgery to whittle down your thumbs to fine points to be able to use this contraption effectively?

You may see a poorly layed out gamepad; i see the ideal keyboard for a Raspberry Pi project :3

Back