Annoying Single Pixel That Won't Go Away!

This is kinda offtopic, but the new comers to the boards can really use fade as an example of how to act. Normally we get idiots that have this problem and just come in and say the Gp32 sucks, that we are nerds, etc...

I just wanted to say thanks.

As for the dead pixel like said before its pretty common to have this happen but really annoying at the same time. Sadly I doubt you can do anything about it but mess it up further and get a refund although I DEFINATELY wouldn't recommend that.

Thanks CrazyDesi, I've kinda gotten used to it now actually like Steve-O mentioned earlier. Theres so much stuff to do on the gp32 that the pixel seems a little trivial after a while. :) I'm just thankful its in the top left hand corner out the way. :lol:

fade posted on Sep 19 2004 at 08:03 PM said:
Thanks CrazyDesi, I've kinda gotten used to it now actually like Steve-O mentioned earlier. Theres so much stuff to do on the gp32 that the pixel seems a little trivial after a while.  :) I'm just thankful its in the top left hand corner out the way.  :lol:

You could always sell it on ebay too and buy another one without a bad pixel. I know for me it would drive me nuts to have a bad pixel.

Also it is kind of odd that it shows up when the power is off. Most of the time you don't see bad pixels until the unit is on.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Sep 19 2004 at 03:30 PM said:
Alas gamepark will not replace it unless I think its 3 or more are dead, this is standard practice with TFT screens of any kind, some manufacturers say 6!

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Actually, some say 10 too! The worst was one manufacturer (cant remember which, which demanded 6 pixels in an area 10% of the screen size - i.e. you could have 50 spaced out and if there wern;t 6 within a given area, they wouldn;t change the screen!!!!

The buggers!

Yep, for my laptop the official line is 10 (though that is anywhere on the screen) but I talked to one of the repair guys of the company that handles the onsite warranty, and he told me they usually take a look at how annoying the dead pixels are on wether to replace it if it's less than 10 pixels.
I was lucky myself though, when I bought the laptop it had 3 dead pixels, but there was some other problem (weird one, some of the keys started to automatically connect when the laptop got hot) and they replaced it for me, and I ended up with no dead pixels at all :D

DaveC posted on Sep 19 2004 at 09:30 PM said:
Also it is kind of odd that it shows up when the power is off. Most of the time you don't see bad pixels until the unit is on.

Theres no pixel showing up when its off, only when I turn it on.

Back