Pandora Android Under Pandora?

sartomism

Still Fresh
Hi friends

Maybe you can remember Agapito. A platforms game programed originaly under MSDOS and intended to port to pandora.
As I said a year ago, I intend to make it run under pandora but, unfortunately, I haven't a pandora yet so I decided to try under another platform.
I've been programming it for Android and, if it has linux core, why Android wouldn't be able to run with pandora hardware one day? I think is possible but I'm not an expert.

Do anybody know if is posible to make Android works with pandora Hdw?
if it's possible i can go on programing and when it became finished, it will be available for pandora too.

This is android version:

if anybody is interested on helping me for developing (Graphics, Sound, Music, ideas...), please tell me about

thanks

it is (technically) possible to get android to run on pandora, gp2x, wiz, dingoo, caanoo, whatever although highly unlikely to happen

joyrider said:
it is (technically) possible to get android to run on pandora, gp2x, wiz, dingoo, caanoo, whatever although highly unlikely to happen

thanks joyrider
can I ask why it's unnlikely to happen? It's due to a hdw limitation? I really wants to run the game under that sort of hdw.

All the code is java standard but I've used android apis to show sprites (only isolated sprites). Do you think it will be better to reprogram the graphics routines for pandora (or gp32,dingoo,etc...)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for example you'll need to mess around with bootloaders, create possible new drivers for hardware if they do not exist already for android (or any other os you want it to run), perhaps some hardware limits as well (like it would be too slow on certain systems), things like that. It is possible but requires a lot of work and effort and i do not see this happening by just one single person doing it all (still possible but will take time).

I think the best thing to do, if possible is "port" your game to the pandora and other devices. Make the graphics backend use SDL that's availible on most systems, it will require a lot of work though perhaps a complete rewrite of graphics, sound and input handling, so basically everything except game logic...

if i'm not mistaken android has some implementations of SDL also although i never tried them. Might be intresting to check those out if you make another project, cause it will save you some work / time when porting it to non android systems.

i've seen linux game ports on android as well, but they rely on running native code though that special sdk to gain speed, but that's the other way around... There's a good (e-)book about this somewhere that explains how to do this with a real life example (i think it was wolfenstein)... (but that's basically the other away around like porting to android and not from android)

Back