Android gingerbread in a pnd?

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Hello, I am not sure if this is reported or not but I can't get wifi working. It turns on, stays on for about 10 seconds and then turns off. Also, I can't also see any wifi modems in these 10 seconds. Can anyone please help me?

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Hello, I am not sure if this is reported or not but I can't get wifi working. It turns on, stays on for about 10 seconds and then turns off. Also, I can't also see any wifi modems in these 10 seconds. Can anyone please help me?
It was a bit spotty for me as well last time I tried it. 

Maybe disabling wifi power saving mode before launching the Android PND could help.

Command:

Code:
sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off

Last edited by a moderator:

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
It was a bit spotty for me as well last time I tried it. 

Maybe disabling wifi power saving mode before launching the Android PND could help.

Command:

sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off
Thanks, gonna try it!

bluedeer

I had trouble with the dreaded Error retrieving information from server, so I tooled around looking for another Gapps zip that would work and found this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xc58i1tr118qbdn

Unzipped this one, stuck the System Folder in like we did with the old one and boom, seems to work perfectly fine. Worth a try if you're fiddling with Pandora Android and getting frustrated that the Play Store isn't working!