Andlinux Poc2 Update

LordDavon

I just wanted to update everyone on andLinux POC2. It will be released this weekend. The "show-stopper" bug is still in the build, but my current work-around makes it less severe. Currently, a few apt-get updates and a defrag your file system may slow the startup time of andLinux. This slowness is during your initial start after a reboot of your Windows system. There are several places this slowness issue occured in POC1, but I have the system corrected in all but one place in POC2. Since this only occurs on certain systems and certain situations, POC2 will be released with the current work-aounds in place, but the issue may still occur on the first mount.

I may still include the GP2X libs, but they will be a seperate download. Since this project is developed with/for the GP2X community, I am keeping the GP2X top priority for all future builds.

I am moving from using Inno for the setup application to Henry Nestler's Autobuild system. Doing this will greatly reduce the download size and give users greater customization of their andLinux system. Autobuild is slated for Beta1 (which is currently scheduled for late february). Henry has been a fantastic asset in building/modifying CoLinux with andLinux customizations (included in POC2) and I am sure he will give the same attention to the Autobuild system for us.

Michael Liptrap has joined the andLinux project and will be working on reducing the size of the distro even more. With his help, I am sure we can get andLinux to its projected size of 200MB (prior to the dev libs).

Peer Sommerlund has contributed some nice logo ideas and I am anxious to see what else he can come up with. He has a great grasp on the andLinux ideals and it is represented well in his logos. I do still need someone to work with him in getting his vision into a graphic though.

andLinux is still welcoming volunteers. You do not need to be a developer to help, but you do need time. There are several areas to help in and all it takes is an email with your skills to find an area for you to help. Please email davsolomon @ gmail . com with your skills/ideas if you would like to help.

Our current projected userbase is 800 users and it should only increase from there.

David

Also, I will be adding the latest build of Xming tonightfthe weekend update.

David

Nice work, I might be using this as soon as I get to understand how to code a little more. As I want to try linux but don't want to have to have a seperate partition for it.

Nice work, I might be using this as soon as I get to understand how to code a little more. As I want to try linux but don't want to have to have a seperate partition for it.

I am pretty happy about the latest build. I am now comfortable that the next version will be a beta and not another POC.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys. Personal life kicked me in the ass this weekend and I didn't have time to get it out the door. I will try to get it all together this coming Sunday before the Superbowl.

I am still working on some enhancements so, if I can, I will make it worth the wait.

Sorry again.

David

Sorry guys. Personal life kicked me in the ass this weekend and I didn't have time to get it out the door. I will try to get it all together this coming Sunday before the Superbowl.

I am still working on some enhancements so, if I can, I will make it worth the wait.

Sorry again.

David

I am using POC1 with oopo's scripts/toolchain (it really great) and looking forward to POC2. Any news?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back