An idea pool for features that intends for professionals

Of course it's not. The main problem is that PCSX2 doesnt and probably wont exist on ARM in the near future (or ever). I just don't like it when people spread completely wrong information.

^that's not even remotely the main problem. I doubt any ARM or even x86 mobile solution in the near future will have the power to run PS2 emulation at any speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
^that's not even remotely the main problem. I doubt any ARM or even x86 mobile solution in the near future will have the power to run PS2 emulation at any speed.
How is that not the main problem? Without an emulator hardware specs are moot.  Technology is rapidly improving. PCSX2 coming to mobile is, as far as anyone can tell, not.

How is that not the main problem? Without an emulator hardware specs are moot.  Technology is rapidly improving. PCSX2 coming to mobile is, as far as anyone can tell, not.
Congratulations, you may have found one of the rare instances of "X is moot" which fits both the traditional British meaning of "issue up for debate" and the US meaning of "pointless".

I don't see how it is.. First off people like Exophase (Wrote Drastic DS emulator for the Pandora) that can write an Emulator from scratch are out there and could write an ARM targeted emulator if they feel like it. But honestly if PS2 emulation is difficult on current high end PC/MACs then you kind of get a feeling of what is needed for emulating it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally forgot about the licensing fees. Well i guess it doesnt matter what kind of port it is, as long as i can get the cable easily. Making your own cables without soldering experience blows.

This is an thread started to gather ideas from all of you handsome and delightful gentlemen.

Pandora started as a niche product that was intended as the perfect emulating machine, but it changes over the years due to all the apps made by proud members of the community. It's already playing an important role in many of us's life besides gaming and hobbits.
Yes!  Keep it that way and don't stray too far from it (intended as the perfect emulating machine)!  The rest is just icing on the cake.

Perfect emulation includes emulating computer systems. A good keyboard is essential. If you can't punch in your own C64 BASIC program then it's not perfect. ;)

Basically I'm saying that even if your goal is "perfect emulation" then there isn't a single feature of the Pandora that can be considered pure icing: it is nothing but cake! :D

Or nothing but icing, depending on which analogy you prefer.

Back