Amsn + Farsight2

kattle87

Guys, do you think that it will be possible to use aMSN (TCL/TK) + Farsight (to make audio calls on MSN people)?
Please don't tell me "use any voip program with gtalk2voip service and you are done" since I knew about that but still wanted to know something more about aMSN portability.
Note: the standard aMSN seems to exist in ARMEL repositories for Ubuntu Jaunty.

kattle87 said:
Guys, do you think that it will be possible to use aMSN (TCL/TK) + Farsight (to make audio calls on MSN people)?
Please don't tell me "use any voip program with gtalk2voip service and you are done" since I knew about that but still wanted to know something more about aMSN portability.
Note: the standard aMSN seems to exist in ARMEL repositories for Ubuntu Jaunty.

AMSN should be possible, just depends on if somebody bothers to port it.

There will definitely be some MSN compatible client, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
There will definitely be some MSN compatible client, anyway.

Well, I took that for granted :D
I just wanted to know how many chances we got of getting voice calls :D (for what I know, aMSN + Farsight is right now the only way to have this.

aMSN will work without any problems.
I believe it doesn't need recompiling, since it uses a script language, but if it does, there's an ARM deb package for it.

I've used the AMSN on my Nokia tablet before and had no trouble what so ever with it.
It's a shame that the tablets resolution was a little short of making it comfortable to use though. All the messenger apps on Linux need new interfaces, designed specifically for the smaller computers and touch screens IMO.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
I've used the AMSN on my Nokia tablet before and had no trouble what so ever with it.
It's a shame that the tablets resolution was a little short of making it comfortable to use though. All the messenger apps on Linux need new interfaces, designed specifically for the smaller computers and touch screens IMO.

I'm using aMSN on my eee pc right now and can only sign this. For setting the settings, i always have to switch to a higher resolution, set it, and then set the resolution back to 800x480 for it to work, it's pretty annoying.

Wolfsclaw said:
I'm using aMSN on my eee pc right now and can only sign this. For setting the settings, i always have to switch to a higher resolution, set it, and then set the resolution back to 800x480 for it to work, it's pretty annoying.
will we be able to rotate the screen on the pandora? So we get 480x800 and the settings *could* fit.
BTW: can't you just move the window by pressing ALT and dragging the window?

kattle87 said:
Wolfsclaw said:
will we be able to rotate the screen on the pandora? So we get 480x800 and the settings *could* fit.
BTW: can't you just move the window by pressing ALT and dragging the window?

You can unless compiz is active and you haven't changed the settings in compiz to allow you to place windows offscreen...

Back