Amiga

Not sure if you've already seem them, I apologise if you have, I hadn't seen the threads pop up for a while, but you might want to check out these two, so maybe they'll be useful for new members looking through: (1) (2)

Basically, didn't seem like progress was looking good though due to some speed problems - hopefully problems that are passable, but seems difficult.

Squidge said:
Ok, straight to the point. Progress is crap. I'm not worked on it for about 4 weeks or so now, as it seems no matter what I do, it always runs at the same sluggish speed. I'm trying to profile it, but PC profilers I've tried either just don't work, or reset my pc, and the 2x profilers just don't work. Ho hum...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you've already seem them, I apologise if you have, I hadn't seen the threads pop up for a while, but you might want to check out these two, so maybe they'll be useful for new members looking through: (1) (2)

Basically, didn't seem like progress was looking good though due to some speed problems - hopefully problems that are passable, but seems difficult.

Actually what is exactly causing problems is unknow. It might be kind of dumb bug. Gp2x has certainly enough processing power with its Arm9 processors to do at least passable Amiga emu.

It has for more advanced machines than A500 using only some of its capabilities. I don't want to sound too optimistic but raw power is here. Not that an Amiga emulator is just around corner. It might be months before decent one shows.

I was never too much impressed by UAE, the Fellow was much faster (when I was intrigued by Amiga emus). But even my old P90 could run A500 at some speed so +200MHz Arm9 should too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back