Amiga

feddon

Is Amiga possible on the 2x i heard whispers of it maybe happening before the release but not much since.

Any Devs got any ideas on wheather its possible?

Or even better if anyone knows if anyone is working on one??

thanks

Hmm I think that info on the amiga is a little vague. I think emulating the ocs/ecs amigas eg. a500 and a600 might be possible but I'm not convinced about Aga or CD32 as they're usually troublesome for a decent spec pc. Hope I'm proved wrong though as I wouldn't mind playing my cd32 games on the move :p

It's not mean-spirited and totally relevant <_< . I would love a fully functional UAE on the gp2x as the amiga is my all time favourite comp and always has been. Plus it means that I can play about with the projects I do on my old systems. Chaos engine on the move ;)

demonblaze posted on Dec 20 2005 at 01:43 AM said:
I would love a fully functional UAE on the gp2x as the amiga is my all time favourite comp and always has been. Plus it means that I can play about with the projects I do on my old systems. Chaos engine on the move ;)
yeah. i lurved my amiga too. but its long dead now :(
btw, there is a megadrive version of chaos engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
But Demonblaze might find the Amiga version better, or he's only played the Amiga version. Not all versions are the same, you know. For example, PC talkie point-and-click games are great (Monkey Island etc), but the Amiga version's music will forever beat the PC cruddy MIDI.

(Sorry, but true) :unsure:
(And yes, that example ain't great, but it should give you the general idea)

Cannon fodder is such a great game, and who can forget worms directors cut, cant get sheep on a rope anywhere else!

I want an amiga emulator just for superfrog,
but seeing as how the graphics are already available:
http://pooka.ezri.mine.nu/zeug/downloads/sprite.zip
I guess I'll just mess around w/ pygame and these
graphics and see what I get :p

I played that game...TOO MUCH :lol:

superfrog1.jpg

Ahhhh superfrog, my favourite childhood game. Until I got Zelda OOT on the N64

I have to agree, an Amiga EMU is essential actually. I need to play Dungeon Master again :) and little computer people...

Those two are available on the ST and I don't think there will be much to differentiate them from the Amiga versions. Many many more games that make an Amiga emu so extremely desirable though!

The idea of an Amiga emulator was one of the main reasons for me getting a GP2X.

Has anyone an update on the progress of the development of the emulator?

No I don't know but it's certain that decent one will show. Question is when?

Others (snes, megadrive, pcengine) quite difficult machines have already working emus for the gp2x. The gp2x is a bit to slow cpu wise for direct UAE port thought. But with some tweaking it should be ok.

Back