Alternative Tv-Out Solution For Pandora

This could work and could be easy mod. But anyway, I'll stay and wait for EXT port connectors :)

If you don't mind having another small switch there, you could add a small SPDT switch in there that would switch the third ring on the headphone jack between a video output and a mic input.

as in a relay switch? how could we trigger it? maybe one of the un-used leds or the keyboard backlight points? so that when the "kb light" is on the switch throws closed, when its off it flips back to open. i dont know anything about the software side of this, but if we could have the a/v out option in the OS also turn on the "kb light" it would switch the jack from mic mode to video out mode. could also have it adjust volume for a/v out. i wonder if we could use the video out signal itself to trip its own trigger.

i cant think of an alternative other than a finger switch. i used 4 pole relays to add usb ports to xboxs. i isolated the controller port flashing and used it as the trigger. when the controller port was empty the poles where "open" and directed lines to the usb port. when you inserted a controller it completed the circuit and threw the switch to "closed", turning the controller port on. but since mic and a/v out trrs connectors are identical save a few special cases, that trick wont work.

i dont know whats more elegant; a second trrs port or a digitally switchable port. giving up a feature is NOT an option for me.

::EDIT:: lol i just realized an spdt switch is a finger switch... still some though about using a relay switch...

Last edited by a moderator:
When is the tv out cable coming out,rather than just writing about it,please release it i always wanted to see pandora connected to my Samsung 32" tv,enough people say when is it going to be connected to tv set?

Back