Alternative Gba Emulators (Other Than Gpsp)

dftruf

Still Fresh
Hey,

Are there any other GBA emulators for wiz?
I like to play - 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (USA, Europe) [GBA rom]' for example (on gpSP this game crashes after few minutes of playing, sometimes even faster if you use saving slot from gpSP menu).

No. There are no other GBA emulators on the wiz. gpSP is the only one and the best of it's kind. Because of the architecture of the GBA and specific coding some games had it is not possible to emulate every game well. Tony hawk is one of those games.

There's probably something wrong with the self modifying code handling on the ARM ports. Hence why games like Mario Golf crash. If it didn't crash it'd probably be slow.

Exophase said:
There's probably something wrong with the self modifying code handling on the ARM ports. Hence why games like Mario Golf crash. If it didn't crash it'd probably be slow.

Better slow game than no game.
Is Visual Boy Advance emulator so much slower than gpSP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.TwisT said:
No. There are no other GBA emulators on the wiz. gpSP is the only one and the best of it's kind. Because of the architecture of the GBA and specific coding some games had it is not possible to emulate every game well. Tony hawk is one of those games.

Yes, and this is the suggestion (default) - *You better start to dislike games which are not running on gpSP*
Because the monopoly is the way of positive thinking?

There's no monopoly dfTruF. If you want to port VBA please go ahead and do so. Others haven't because they probably don't think it's worth the time if the games are going to be too slow to be enjoyable. This is not a political decision, it's a matter of effort.

You asked if there are other GBA emulators for Wiz, you got an answer.. no one is telling you to start disliking games because gpSP doesn't play them. Obviously gpSP isn't a perfect emulator and I want to do another one - the ARM ports in particular were a lot more rushed than the original PSP version - but right now it's the best option you have because it's the only option anyone has put time into doing something else.

Exophase said:
There's no monopoly dfTruF

Ok, respect to your pain.
I just wanna have fun, ya know. :)

I like games based on balance.

I like games based on cooperation.

Back