Release AlsaPlayer - MicroFootprint Excellent MusicPlayer [Beta PND]

S

StreaK

Application: AlsaPlayer

Info: AlsaPlayer is a new type of PCM player. It is heavily multi-threaded and tries to excercise the ALSA library and driver quite a bit. It has some very interesting features unique to Linux/Unix players. The goal is to create a fully pluggable framework for playback of all sorts of media with the focus on PCM audio data. The core code was written by Andy Lo-A-Foe with contributions from many other folks. See the credits files for details.

AlsaPlayer accepts many formats like OGG / MP3 / FLAC / AAC / Modules and more..

Info from Me [streaK]:

Why another music / mp3 player for OP. Let me tell ya why:

I made few tests , and compared AlsaPlayer to best MP3 player -> DeadBeef and:

AlsaPlayer eats only 12% CPU time while DeadBeef eats 23% while playing the same MP3 file. [that means MORE battery life saved for playing MP3 ] AlsaPlayer eats less memory than DeadBeef aswell.. :)

Screenshot:

screenshot-gtk1+2.jpg

Download:

http://pnd.to/4floor [on FB wall]

Last edited:
Security Alert: This Link May Not Be Safe !!!

^^

Last edited by a moderator:
im also have trouble finding this in the repo. maybe the repo is down again, need to contact milkshake again

How about comparing it to Audacious? At the moment the only Music Player I use on the Pandora but I'm always open minded to alternatives. :)

Actually, it isn't StreaKs server that is blacklisted, but the URL rewriter (tiny.pl). In all likelihood, someone has used it to shortlink to infected files, and the blacklist has caught the rewriter, not the actual server. StreaKs server is A-OK.

Back