Alien Dalvik (Android Compatibility Layer)

Wow, a Android thread not started by johnsongrantr, this is like one of those twilighty shows about that zone.

Anyway, you guys get your little robots runnin' on your Pandora.

oh come on second.exodus there is great potential in this Alien Dalvik thing.

Just think of it from a developers point of view. I make one app, for android, and now it can work on anything that can run this compatibility layer program. If I survived on an ad based revenue stream (allot of android apps do) then my program is that much more profitable. Meaning I'll continue programing for that platform. You can't do that with iphone based apps, or symbian, or windows mobile so for a developer its great news.

I doubt it will be sold to individuals at first if ever. I'm sure it will be similar to flash on android, yes its flash for arm based devices, but no you can't just download it from adobe for your arm based device.

It will be interesting to see, in the days ahead, how it is handled. I could see webOS getting a bump from this as well as MeeGo. Though if the licensing price is right maybe we could start a pledge drive or some such for OP to get it on our Pandora's

I'm actually very upset this is not going to be installable by the consumer, nor open source... so that basically means, no pandora.

here's to that other project =|

Back