Ajack's Menu Bar/icon Collection

jeremymtc said:
Rockin guys, really. B)

Boaradoor said:
I love you boys....

It bugs me a lot when things don't match...

Chuckowski said:
Wow, all of these look so awesome! Thanks so much for these guys :D

Thanks guys, I'm glad to be able to contribute :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think once we get a large enough archive of these I will go through and rename them and put them in folders so that they can be installed quickly and easily.

For example, the Atari 2600 emulator by default just uses "icon.png" and "title.png", so I'll create a folder named caanoo-a2600 and rename the new baricon files and put them into that directory. I'll do that with all of these and then I'll zip them and upload them so that everyone can just drag the folders they wish to use to their games or apps folder and the icons will replace the originals immediately.

I'll start getting some together right now, but I won't upload anything to OpenHandhelds until you guys feel you've covered everything you want to cover right now.

EDIT: As a side note... I think the "S" logo for Scummvm is very recognizable so I made an alternate icon using that. What do you guys think? :)

scumm2.png

ozzuneoj said:
I think once we get a large enough archive of these I will go through and rename them and put them in folders so that they can be installed quickly and easily.

For example, the Atari 2600 emulator by default just uses "icon.png" and "title.png", so I'll create a folder named caanoo-a2600 and rename the new baricon files and put them into that directory. I'll do that with all of these and then I'll zip them and upload them so that everyone can just drag the folders they wish to use to their games or apps folder and the icons will replace the originals immediately.

I'll start getting some together right now, but I won't upload anything to OpenHandhelds until you guys feel you've covered everything you want to cover right now.

EDIT: As a side note... I think the "S" logo for Scummvm is very recognizable so I made an alternate icon using that. What do you guys think? :)

scumm2.png

Hi Ozzuneoj,

I think it'd definitely be good to have a 'ready-to-go' package on the archive, but I agree that we should hold off for a little while yet. I don't know about Thorax, but I've certainly messed with bits and pieces on some of my earlier bars,(in particular I've added a subtle bevel to the title text) meaning that almost everything I've posted so far is now out of date :p I'll make an effort to get up-to-date versions of all my stuff onto this thread sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Also, you're right about the ScummVM logo. The way I see it the more choice the better, so I have no problems with including your icon in the eventual pack :)

Have anymore of these titles and icons been made? With all the new emus out my caanoo's menu is starting to look a little scruffy. :p

BaronVofortVonKermit said:
Have anymore of these titles and icons been made? With all the new emus out my caanoo's menu is starting to look a little scruffy. :p

I'm still around, so if you'd like to make a list of the bars/icons you need I'll try to get onto them sometime soon :)

Splendid!

I am missing.....

PC Engine
Spectrum
Atari 7800
Atari 5200/800
Amstrad
Colecovision
MSX
Sam Coupe
Thomson
Neo Geo
Playstation

BaronVofortVonKermit said:
Nice!

Do I need to fiddle with Notepad2 to get these to work?

You can either rename the image to the corresponding one in the emulator/games folder, or change the path in the .ini file.

Going to start making some for whatever I install.

Worship Vector

wvtitle.png
wrico.png

Sqrxz 2:

sqrxz2_bar.png
sqrxz2.png

Battle Jewels:

battlejewelst.png
battlejewelsico.png

Here's a Meritous icon since the archive posted is missing one:

mricon.png

ColdRush said:
Going to start making some for whatever I install.

You and me both. I have a forum to moderate, I'm working for a large company, and going to school as well... but will certainly try to find the time. This Thursday night I should be able to make one, but as of this second, not so much.

ruffnutts said:
need them all in one archive ;)

It's probably best to just download them one at a time because you have to go through and change file names and ini paths.

I just compiled a collection of every bar in this thread and organized each into individual folders.

I posted the pack up here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,50,627

Credits given to both of you :D

Already one comment on the file:

AceCaanoo: Theses are a hell of a lot better looking then the other then the buttons, well dude dudes!

Back