After Hiphop, Rock, Punk Now It's Jpop

VirtuaLeech

Forget all that HipHop, rock, punk or whatever and start listening to the oppitomy of brainless throw-away pop tunes. The lyrics are about nothing (can't understand them anyway, there japanese) the music just flows in one ear and out the other but at the same time you be humming the tune all day.

This is pure music for entertainment. There is no lifestyle, no pretence, no message, no talented singers/musicians but just a bunch of happy girls singing a happy song.

I think JPOP really represents the state society is in right now. This is also very well portrayed in the movie Suicide Circle. If you haven't seen it I suggest you do, the message the movie tries to get across is disturbing but it's well worth it.

If you didn't know better you would almost think JPOP is a parody on modern day culture. ;)

I am currently listening to: helloProject-Remix

Why would one genre of music represent the state of society? All genres do so.

Yeah, I listen to J-Pop also. Got a bunch of Ayumi Hamasaki albums and videos. The video for T.M.Revolution's 'Madan~Der Freischutz' video is absolutely classic, just awesome.

P.S. It's spelled: epitome.

Yeah, well, if you look up some of the lyrics' translations, you'd undertsand they're not all meaningless. I've found quite a few of Ayumi's songs quite meaningful. Songs like 'M' and 'Evolution' have some very good meanings to them.

wasn't there a japanese boyband where all the guys wore nappies?

the song or they were called 'yatta' as i recall.

music videos floated around the internet for a while,...

A lot of people have gotten into J-pop because of the anime craze that's getting bigger and bigger. I personally like J-pop a lot, as it's something different from what's on the radio. Yeah, there's a ton of songs that mean nothing, but there's also a lot of stuff that has some deep meaning to it. J-pop is something that's just going to get more popular when Utada Hikaru releases her upcoming US Debut album and her husband movie Casshern debuts in the USA.

@ NssOne Yeah, Ayu has great lyrics since she writes her own, as do Hikki and Kuraki Mai. Now if only Mai-K had a stronger voice to back it up...

PinkSpider posted on May 10 2004 at 07:31 PM said:
I love Jpop/rock at I like to listen to:
  • gley
:)
It's Glay :) They actually were trying to spell the color "Gray" but since Japanese pronounce L's like R's, the mispelling has stuck for all these years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sakata posted on May 10 2004 at 02:19 PM said:
A lot of people have gotten into J-pop because of the anime craze that's getting bigger and bigger. I personally like J-pop a lot, as it's something different from what's on the radio. Yeah, there's a ton of songs that mean nothing, but there's also a lot of stuff that has some deep meaning to it. J-pop is something that's just going to get more popular when Utada Hikaru releases her upcoming US Debut album and her husband movie Casshern debuts in the USA.

@ NssOne Yeah, Ayu has great lyrics since she writes her own, as do Hikki and Kuraki Mai. Now if only Mai-K had a stronger voice to back it up...
Yeah, I badly wanna see Casshern. It looks beautiful.

But don't care much for Utada Hikaru, though the song she sang for 'Outlaw Star' was beautiful. But I prefer Ayumi over her still. All praise Ayumi Hamasaki!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, a lot of Sonic adventure 1/2 stuff was J-pop on the soundtracks.

The only other piece of J-pop I think I've heard was a song called 'catchyoucatchme' by gumi....I think it might have been the opening to card captor sakura.

Catchy but disturbingly happy nevertheless.

While on the topic anybody got/knows about JPOP games?

I got the Morning Musume PS2 and GBA games, the Namie Amuro Saturn game and a weird PSone running game from a band whos name I forgot (was it Gakt?).
I know there is also a Ayumi PS2 game.

Back