Adapter Problems For 2x

Hey folks,

Using me adapter on the 2X is not working anymore. It's the multivolt adapter from Argos and I've been using it ages without problem.

However, it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I got a cradle, but didn't realise you needed to plug it into the 2X as opposed to the cradle.

I'd set the adapter to 5V as per the instructions, but obviously my 2X ran out of batteries anyway.

So I tried it again when I realised what I'd done wrong and set it back to 3V and put it in the 2X.

Now - when plugged in the red light is on, but as soon as you plug it into the 2X and turn it 'on', the light flickers and disappears. Meanwhile the 2X doesn't come on at all.

however when I unplug the adapter the 2X comes on (from batteries) and the adapter light returns.

So power seems to be going from the adapter to the 2X but its not having any affect. I was tempted to increase the voltage but I know it uses 3V and no more and I didn't want to brick the 2X.

SO - any ideas, help, information?

Cheers!

Utterly bizarre and more than a little embarassing, it seems the adapter plug was in wrong. You have various extensions and I had put in the right one, but the wrong way round so it couldn't have been letting the current through properly when it plugged into the 2X.

I switched it round and tried it again and it worked. Weird though, I wouldn't have thought it would matter which way round the plug was in the wire.

Thanks for the reply though.

Do you mean the end bit with the yellow tip?

If you do, you are lucky you didn't kill your GP2X as it needs to be -ve, the other way around is +ve.

InsertFaveGameNameHere said:
Weird though, I wouldn't have thought it would matter which way round the plug was in the wire.
It's DC, not AC, so one way around can kill your 2X, whilst the other way works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back