About Video Players, Converters, And Midniht Commander?

drago

Still Fresh
Hello!
i have some problems and some questions. as first, i cannot play .pg / mpeg vidos in buil - in gp2x video player. i search in gp2x filearchive, and too not find normal videoplayer, like a mplayer on linux, for example. i find a unknown vercion of mplayer for gp2x, but his hang ups, and work very slowly :(
maybe i dont know a good exist videoplayer for gp2x? or anyone cant make this? or all gp2x users use this only for gaming? :-O

second: i find videos downloader and converter in format for gp2x from youtube in http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,17,2284
downloading .flv files, but then it says:
11:44:05 (150.11 KB/s) - `/ADISKS/FilmsGP2x/youtubed-2x/videos/День рождения кота Леопольда.flv' saved [23675861/23675861]

Transcoding 'День рождения кота Леопольда.flv'

FFmpeg version SVN-r6122, Copyright © 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-a52 --enable-pp --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads
libavutil version: 49.0.0
libavcodec version: 51.11.0
libavformat version: 50.5.0
built on Sep 13 2006 09:14:50, gcc: 4.1.1 20060724 (prerelease) (4.1.1-3mdk)

Seems that stream 1 comes from film source: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 29.97 (30000/1001)
Input #0, flv, from '/ADISKS/FilmsGP2x/youtubed-2x/videos/День рождения кота Леопольда.flv':
Duration: 00:09:32.0, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 22050 Hz, mono
Stream #0.1: Video: flv, yuv420p, 320x262, 29.97 fps®
Unknown codec 'xvid'

Transcoding failed. Exiting.

:((( i using a linux mandriva 2007. i try to download latest ffmpeg but in ./configure he says XviD: no
i try a switch it a force, but not work:

bash-3.1# ./configure --help | grep xvid
--enable-libxvid enable Xvid encoding via xvidcore,
bash-3.1# ./configure --enable-libxvid
libxvidcore is under GPL and --enable-gpl is not specified.
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from SVN. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user@mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.
bash-3.1# ./configure --enable-libxvid --enable-gpl
ERROR: Xvid not found
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from SVN. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user@mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

:( maybe anyone can help me with this?

and finally - i also searching a good file manager / all - in one, like a norton commander, FAR, or midnight commander. exif is not as close as good, as a nc / far / mc, imho. i finf a mc, in one file, i renamed this in mc.gpu, but nothing to do...:\

also i seeking for programm - planetarium for gp2x, like as KStars, Stellarium, XEphem, Cartes Du Ciel, etc, but is likely, on gp2x thats programms not a wanted at most...

thanks for your time...

drago said:
maybe i dont know a good exist videoplayer for gp2x? or anyone cant make this? or all gp2x users use this only for gaming? :-O
Hello,

Lot of people watch movies on their Gp2x, me included, and the built-in player should work ok for most of them. Maybe your movie has a weird format? Try http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,1679 It is slightly better than the last official player for F100 and similar to the one in F200. Keep in mind that many people report that video playing is slightly better on F100 than on F200.

Little help with ffmplayer, but it seems that you didn't installed the codecs on your system and/or libxvid-dev. I'm sucessfully using mencoder on Kubuntu. You must convert FLV movies, but convert AVI movies only to gain disk space or performance.

and finally - i also searching a good file manager / all - in one, like a norton commander, FAR, or midnight commander.

So you've got an F200 :) The F100 cames with a nice yet basic file manager. On F200 try enexfi, but it is probably that "exif" thing you're speaking about. For any more complex management you'll need a PC (not even a PDA!)

also i seeking for programm - planetarium for gp2x

No luck, my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
drago said:
also i seeking for programm - planetarium for gp2x, like as KStars, Stellarium, XEphem, Cartes Du Ciel, etc, but is likely, on gp2x thats programms not a wanted at most...

I have got XEphem running on my GP2X, but it will need a lot of work to get it to fit on a 320x240 screen - the window will resize but then you can't get to all the buttons and the labels on the sky view get too cluttered.

Parkydr said:
drago said:

I have got XEphem running on my GP2X, but it will need a lot of work to get it to fit on a 320x240 screen - the window will resize but then you can't get to all the buttons and the labels on the sky view get too cluttered.

xmm...sounds interest. it works under x11? i think, on gp2x a KStars or even a xplns can be a satisfactory a real astronomy amateur, for view a general events at tonight, planets and dso objects disposition, and so. sadly, a xplns not a GPL, and cannot get a source code :( i thinking about a
mobile planetarium for java phones, MobileStarChart, and so - but i cannot find normal java interpreter for gp2x so :(

KStars is not easy because there are no static qt libraries.

XEphem runs using the GP2X X server and is easy to build with the static lesstif libraries.

I will have a go at XEphem, I would hope I can do something with it, I have got a few years of professional Motif experience.

Edit: Another point - KStars uses nearly 3 times more memory than XEphem

Having looked into more careful XEphem is a bit of non-starter - the free version has a restrictive license and contains limited data - you have to pay for the full version :(

maybe. i use xephem rarely, and yesterday, when i try to copmile latest xephem -
he says:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Install/xephem-3.7.3/libz'
gcc -L../../libastro -L../../libip -L../../liblilxml -L../../libjpegd -L../../libpng -L../../libz -g -L../../libXm/linux86 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -o xephem aavso.o annotmenu.o broadcast.o calmenu.o closemenu.o compiler.o coordsmenu.o datamenu.o db.o dbmenu.o earthmap.o earthmenu.o fallbacks.o favmenu.o formats.o fsmenu.o gallerymenu.o glance.o gsc.o gscnet.o helpmenu.o homeio.o hznmenu.o indimenu.o imregmenu.o jpeg2pm.o jupmenu.o listmenu.o mainmenu.o marsmenu.o marsmmenu.o moonmenu.o moviemenu.o msgmenu.o netmenu.o objmenu.o obslog.o patchlevel.o plot_aux.o plotmenu.o preferences.o progress.o ps.o query.o rotated.o satmenu.o saveres.o scope.o sites.o skybinary.o skyeyep.o skyfifos.o skyfiltmenu.o skyfits.o skyhist.o skyip.o skylist.o skytoolbar.o skyviewmenu.o solsysmenu.o splash.o srchmenu.o sunmenu.o time.o tips.o trailmenu.o uranusmenu.o ucac.o usno.o versionmenu.o webdbmenu.o xe2.o xe3.o xephem.o xmisc.o ../../libXm/linux86/libXm.a -lXp -lXt -lXext -lXmu -lX11 -lastro -lip -llilxml -ljpegd -lpng -lz -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xephem] Error 1

previously version also not compile with error. i better use a KStars :)

Back