AARRRRGGHHH MATEY!!!!

Ringo

Website
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I've reasantly played the nes-version of "Pirates!" on my GP32 - and found it to be the best thing I've done yet to my GP32... This is VERY playable and I've found myself playing this game for hours...

My best memories of Pirates! are of the Amiga-version, but being that this is not emulatad, I tried my luck with the c64-version... However was unable to make it run.

Not that long ago I was introduced to the Genesis-version, which is graphicly VERY different from any other version I have seen. When the genesis-emulator was released I ofcouse wanted to try to run that version (who needs sound anyway)... This did'nt run either...

Well... I had'nt tryed running any NES-games yet on my GP32, so I was bound to get around to it... And then I found that a version of "Pirates!" was made for this system... Tryed It out - and I was hooked!!!

The graphics arent all THAT bad, and being that the GP have enough buttons to fully support the NES-pad, this game had me going for a looong time...

The only down-side to be mentioned is, that the game havent got a in-game map... Just makes the game a little less mobile having to carry around a map of the Carribean :lol:

Guess the only reason for this post is to say: "Ad this game to you SMC... It's the best!"

cheers...

I put it on my SMC 2 weeks back :) Great game, but I have glitches in the square displaying the town. Didn't try another dump of the rom and I only tried it with Little John.

If your into sword play, did you know there was a Defender of the crown NES version? :)

I still can't believe the range of games ported to that console. Elite too :)

And there I was thinking you were just the first post in respect of tomorrow (Talk like a Pirate day :) ).

Which emu were you using out of interest, as I remember Pirates always having significant (although not deadly) graphical glitches?

Oh yeah... I DID have glitches in towns... However that doesn't really matter for the game-play... It's pretty much information you already know...

Ah Yes... Defender of the Crown... Used to play that a whole lot on the c64 :)

Never got into Elite... I however played all the followers (Frontier and First Encounters) WAY to much :p

Edit: I use Little John... and as said above.. I don't really think the glitche are significant

I'm pretty sure I got Pirates (C64) to run on Frodo ... I'll have to go back tonight when I get off work and mess around with it. I'm thinking I might have had to turn on 1541 emulation mode to get it to work.

Back