Rts Dune 2 And Shmup V-five For Drmd

Dark Helmet

Still Fresh
Well, I've been away my GP32 for a while, so I've only recently started looking into the Megadrive library of games, and two games have gotten me really interested..

For a long time I've been wanting a realtime strategy game for my GP32, and now i've found Dune 2 : The Building of a Dynasty.. I'ts a realtime strategy game by none other than Westwood studios, makers of the command and qonquer series.. And it plays very much like those games. Just thought I'd let people know.

The other game I've found, is a kickass toaplan shooter called V-five also known as Grindstormer. I love the arcade version, and the megadrive version is a great port. Unfortuneatly I can't get the game to run on any of the megadrive emu's!..
Does anyone know of a way to get the game to run, or some version of the rom that works? I would LOVE that..

Also the game Might and magic III: Isles of Terra. I can't play that either as it requires a batteri, which is a function that I don't think Drms supports.. Anyone found a way around that?

Just an FYI.. Dune is the granddaddy to all RTS I think; there are a couple other early ones (Five Kingdoms or something, on Genesis?). I think Dune 2 was the first RTS, and originated on PC then ported to Genesis and the other platforms. When Westwood lost the license for "Dune", they made the sequal and it was called C&C.

jeff

Since when does Dune2 work on DrMD? There was this Cyclone bug within the emu that made you loose the battle as soon as it started...

now when you say real time, do you mean all aspects of the game? One of my alltime favorite strategy games, Shingen the Ruler for NES, was turn based battling, but the events and territory management were real time i believe. For example, while your managing your territories you could, at the same time, watch other territories get pummeled. It also kept track of dates and stuff. Anyway, its a great game and worth a look to anyone interested.

Billy Lee posted on Feb 16 2005 at 01:12 PM said:
Can't you use the save function of DrMD for Might and Magic III?

No. Cause it won't let you proceed to the actual game from the start menu. Cause it checks for a batteri which isn't there..

Quiest posted on Feb 16 2005 at 02:43 PM said:
Since when does Dune2 work on DrMD? There was this Cyclone bug within the emu that made you loose the battle as soon as it started...

Well, I havent played it that much. I haven't even completed a stage yet.. But I've played for like 5 minutes, and been in battle without any problems..

How about that V-five game? Has anybody been able to play it? and know of a way to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried playing Dune2 on DrMD, and as soon as I got into battle, some Carryalls (sp?) flew over a complete black map and the battle is lost...

I tried this only with Harkonnen (of course :) ), so is it dependable on the house you play? Or is there a rom version which works?

Please, tell me, it would be great to play it on the go!

Quiest posted on Feb 16 2005 at 04:47 PM said:
I tried playing Dune2 on DrMD, and as soon as I got into battle, some Carryalls (sp?) flew over a complete black map and the battle is lost...

I tried this only with Harkonnen (of course :) ), so is it dependable on the house you play? Or is there a rom version which works?

I checked it with Atreides with the same Carryals bug :(

I have looked for different roms, but always the same :(

Maybe if you can let us know the exact rom file name :) ;)

Aiken

Aiken posted on Feb 16 2005 at 06:35 PM said:

Aiken

I got exactly the same problem here :(

hope to know more about how to make it work coz Dune 2 is excellent :)

Tidus posted on Feb 16 2005 at 06:59 PM said:
Aiken posted on Feb 16 2005 at 06:35 PM said:

Aiken

I got exactly the same problem here :(

hope to know more about how to make it work coz Dune 2 is excellent :)

You can play it in the old genesis emu (i dont remember the name), but you dont have sound or savestates :( but a least you can play ;)

Aiken

I think Dune might work with the beta of DrMD, but I'm not sure.

Are any of you using beta 5?

If not, I'll check it out to see if it works.

edit: Grindstormer works (in beta 5 at least), although the HUD isn't displayed properly (or at all, I don't remember), it's very very playable though, one of my favourites.

As for good shooting games on megadrive, I recommend Battle Mania 2 (TS Vintage), Gley Lancer, Air Busters (might be called Aero Busters or something similar) and M.U.S.H.A.

Back