Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!

I was in the same boat when my '2x bricked, I shelled out the money and had to endure those 24 failed attempts before it worked on the 25th.

The '2x is a tempramental beast indeed.

I hope it isn't too long before a better/permanant solution is found to flashing the GP2X that is reliable for everyone.

:)

Whilst making the atari800xe icon, I revisited the atari st, to see if I couldn't make it better that the last attempt which was better than the first attempt.

outcast_redux_part_II.png

What do you guys think?

I am thinking it's the best of the three I've posted and to be honest I think that I haven't got enough room to improve it.

Hopefully this is the last revision.

:rolleyes:

NeoStuey posted on Mar 14 2006 at 05:46 PM said:
CD32 is on the list to do.

:D

Excellent, let's hope you get to it before you totally crash and burn from icon overload!
[edit]and you did! :)[/edit

Is the Commodore 128 on the list as well? :)

Also, your new ST one looks a good deal better than the old one. The new one has better definition.

p.s. how about an ENIAC icon? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see SAM not sure about the keyboard, but I like the perspective. :D New st is the business.

nickspoon posted on Mar 15 2006 at 08:54 PM said:
Love your "check your batteries" one.

Thanks,

Hopefully it will get put on some signatures or posted on a guide somewhere.

Cyclops posted on Mar 15 2006 at 08:56 PM said:
Nice to see SAM not sure about the keyboard, but I like the perspective. :D New st is the business.

Hi,

I didn't understand what you meant about the keyboard?

If it was the brown keys around the edges I have made them grey, I have just checked the picture in the back of my copy of Retro Gamer and seen that they are grey. :blink:
The reference photos I was looking at made them look a shade of brown, hopefully it's right now. :)

sam_coupe.png

I'm glad that the new st is getting the desired effect it wil be the final one I do for it and that damned numeric keypad.

NeoStuey posted on Mar 15 2006 at 10:21 PM said:
Cyclops posted on Mar 15 2006 at 08:56 PM said:

Hi,

I didn't understand what you meant about the keyboard?

If it was the brown keys around the edges I have made them grey, I have just checked the picture in the back of my copy of Retro Gamer and seen that they are grey. :blink:
The reference photos I was looking at made them look a shade of brown, hopefully it's right now. :)

sam_coupe.png

I'm glad that the new st is getting the desired effect it wil be the final one I do for it and that damned numeric keypad.

LOL lovely. I'll try to be more desciptive.

Cyclops posted on Mar 12 2006 at 06:33 PM said:
I'm sure you have done this,

gp32

GP32
gp32.png

I've used a bit of artistic licence and gone for the reduced shoulder buttons keeps the shape better.

As always your comments and opinions are valued.

Thanks in advance.

I might put a little .gif up later showing how it went together.

Edit: Here it is.

gp32.gif

I love it a lot better than your wonderswan, as is your GP2X but would it look better with the distinctive curved bottom

Cyclops posted on Mar 16 2006 at 02:03 AM said:
I love it a lot better than your wonderswan, as is your GP32 but would it look better with the distinctive curved bottom

I had done some new shading on the wonderswan only minor touching up, but I hadn't gotten round to posting it yet. But as you brought it up. :)

cygne_revised.png

Better or worse?

Re the GP32 I did try to leave a hint that it was curved at the base with shading, the solid black line does interfere with it to some extent, I'll try some different shading patterns tomorrow, right now I need my sleep.

Thanks for the Atari 800XE icon, could you add the red atari logo to it, please? :)

People seem not to like the looks of SMS2, but I think its much more sleek than SMS1.

WhiteFalcon posted on Mar 16 2006 at 10:48 AM said:
Thanks for the Atari 800XE icon, could you add the red atari logo to it, please? :)

People seem not to like the looks of SMS2, but I think its much more sleek than SMS1.

I've increased the red value that was present in my first attempt.

atari800xe_red.png

SMS II and GameGear are planned.

Cyclops posted on Mar 16 2006 at 04:59 PM said:
Gamegear looks a little tricky. Good updates.

I don't think it's too far away. It should be finalised soon.

gamegear.png

;)

Since I have been using layers a lot more on my later efforts I went back to smsplus icon that I made and gave it a little retouch.

smsplus_shading.png

This doesn't mean that SMS II isn't coming, I just wanted to clean this one up first.

WhiteFalcon posted on Mar 16 2006 at 10:48 AM said:

Now they can choose.

;)

sms_II.png

Edit:

Thanks for coming to this page, hopefully you knew the .gif was space invaders and as you are here you liked it enough to save it for use.

Thanks again.

space_invaders.png

Cyclops posted on Mar 13 2006 at 02:34 PM said:
NeoStuey posted on Mar 13 2006 at 05:59 PM said:
Cyclops posted on Mar 12 2006 at 06:33 PM said:
I'd like to use this on my computer

Watara Supervision
watara_supervisison_gbstyle.png

I never thought I would bookmark a thread in a forum :D , the Vectrex is very good and I love the Watara Supervision. I'm using the Icons on my computer and it makes a real difference.

I love the keys on the C64. I think its my favorite

I like your arcade cabs, but they do seem to break the pattern, when viewing your icons together, and the Amstrad CPC to a lesser extent.

I always thought MESS on the GP2X was a stupid idea, but If it happened for real it would have a belting front-end.

Its nice people are attracted to icons of consoles they loved.

I just found this thread and am *very* impressed with the work done, I have bookmarked it also.

Since other's are making requests I thought I might too:

Atari XL series (black/silver ones)
C64S
Apple II+
Apple //c
Apple IIgs
Coco 1
Coleco Adam

(yes I'm old, hehe)

I don't ask for much do I? ;)

Also, the mess comment confused me since it's been out for a while. :) :)
Cyclops, have you tried gp2xmess?

~telengard

telengard posted on Mar 16 2006 at 08:20 PM said:
Atari XL series (black/silver ones)
C64S
Apple IIgs
Coleco Adam
Hmmm, hinting at some systems you are working on?

Back