Aaaaarrrrrrgggggggg!!!!!! Pop-ups!!&#3

geo12

Retrofuturist
Website
Visit site
Every time i start up the internet tons and tons and tons and tons of f***ing popups fill my screen. I have to run spybot search and destroy everyday now and it doesnt help that much. :angry: could sombody please help me? :(

Try running lavasoft's ad-aware. It might not clear up your problem, but it can't hurt to try!

Second, check a listing of Windows startup progs like the one at http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php and clear the ones listed as viruses from your registry. This is located in your windows folder and should be called regedit.exe. The startup progs should be under Windows/CurrentVersion/Run & RunOnce. Anything you find listed as a virus, delte it!

Hope this helps.

Delsabre posted on Apr 24 2004 at 06:41 PM said:
You can also use the MSCONFIG utility ( located in your windows directory ) to remove programs from the startup list.
That's what I did for some pop-ups once. But my friend had the same pop-ups starting every time he went on IE. I got firefox for him and now it never happens. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're getting "Messenger" style popups you can disable this by going to: Start, Run, and typing "services.msc" - then scroll through the list to Messenger and choose properties. From here you can set its status to stopped and its startup properties to disabled.

:)

lizard808uk posted on Apr 25 2004 at 10:11 AM said:
If you're getting "Messenger" style popups you can disable this by going to: Start, Run, and typing "services.msc" - then scroll through the list to Messenger and choose properties. From here you can set its status to stopped and its startup properties to disabled.

:)
Or just go Start -> Run -> 'net stop messenger'

Last edited by a moderator:
Back