AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Blue Protoman

Guys, my Pandora is showing the first signs of the Purple Tint of Death...that is, faint colored bands of off colors at certain hinge positions. In this case, I've noticed said angles to be from 135 to 150 degrees, or thereabouts. My Pandora thus far is perfectly usable, but I don't know how long that will be true... When should I RMA it, and to whom? I'm in America, and bought my unit from Craig. How long would the whole thing take for both Craig and ED?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you, kidding? At this rate, I wouldn't get mine back until after I got accepted to college!

That's why you send it to ED instead. Craigix shop don't fix pandoras; it replaces them, and with the current stall; you might get it before you finnish college.

They might send you a cable if you're up to the challenge...

I just went through this dilemna already, it took exactly two weeks before I had my Pandora back again .. this is why I say, always buy TWO! :) Anyway, just wanted to let you know my positive experience with ED replacing the cables - was fast, efficient, and very well done. Of course, I'm closer to ED here in Austria than you are in the U.S.A. and the postage was pretty easy to sort out.. but you never know, it may be the same for you.

Guys, my Pandora is showing the first signs of the Purple Tint of Death...that is, faint colored bands of off colors at certain hinge positions. In this case, I've noticed said angles to be from 135 to 150 degrees, or thereabouts. My Pandora thus far is perfectly usable, but I don't know how long that will be true... When should I RMA it, and to whom? I'm in America, and bought my unit from Craig. How long would the whole thing take for both Craig and ED?
You have 2-3 weeks (maybe 4 if you're carefull) before the purple always stay.

Contact ED.

I had to RMA mine recently because of a faulty LCD cable, it also appeared i had another issue I wasn't aware of!

I e-mailed Jacquelyn who asked I that I send straight to ED in Germany, two weeks later it arrived back.

As others have said it won't get any better so you may as well bite the bullet and RMA it now.

You have 2-3 weeks (maybe 4 if you're carefull) before the purple always stay.

Contact ED.

I don't know about you, but I've been managing my Purple Screen problem.

In my case, the screen generally come back to normal when you close the lid. When you open it (always slowly) you can see it come back to normal. But when you open it full or it pass from some point it purples!

The trick I do is simple: cut a thin piece of paper and fold it as many times as you can insert it between the lid and the console so it can hold the lid and NOT full open and stay tight.

When you have this paper done, keep it always with you inside the pandora. Anytime the screen go pink, purple or green, just slowly close and open the lid until the colors come normal. When the lid is 90 degree with the console, put the paper and keep opening very slowly and softly until the lid is sufficiently open so you can play. If it purples again, start it over. But sometimes you can just press the pandora and it come back. Try everything first.

I always use the paper at the left side, so my L button is kind of covered and is difficult to use it. But creativity can help you do smaller papers as you can still use the L button.

I am doing all this and not RMA, because I am very addictive to my pandora and because I am waiting for my second batch one. I just hope the OPT guys can fix it for a fair price, because my warranty would probably be gone.

In my case, the screen generally come back to normal when you close the lid. When you open it (always slowly) you can see it come back to normal. But when you open it full or it pass from some point it purples!
This trick have only lasted 1 week before not working for me.

The trick I do is simple: cut a thin piece of paper and fold it as many times as you can insert it between the lid and the console so it can hold the lid and NOT full open and stay tight.
I'm guessing you might be able to longer the LCD life time this way, but this trick will vanish at some point too.

I just hope the OPT guys can fix it for a fair price, because my warranty would probably be gone.
And that's the reason why you have to RMA asap ;)

One from someone who never thought he'd have to RMA his. Also, when would be the best time to send him the e-mail/Pandora itself?

I didn't realize I could send mine to ED to get fixed - I thought I had to depend on Craig as I bought from him. Isn't it a bit unfair getting ED to do all this work?

And why do I need to send mine ASAP as I only got mine in February - There's still plenty of time left...

This trick have only lasted 1 week before not working for me.
Hmm, I am doing this for a few months (and I'm a massive user). Well, maybe I am just lucky and sometime it will blank :(

I'm guessing you might be able to longer the LCD life time this way, but this trick will vanish at some point too.

And that's the reason why you have to RMA asap ;)

I think that too. I just can't let it go... :lol:

How long have you had your unit (Before you noticed this occurring)?

Aw crap, I'm going on vacation the week after next, and if I RMA my Pandora next week, I won't get it back in time. So I have to make it last until the end of the week after the next.

Aw crap, I'm going on vacation the week after next, and if I RMA my Pandora next week, I won't get it back in time. So I have to make it last until the end of the week after the next.
130200693144.jpg

Back