A Very Quick Question....

DelTa_ViRuS

Still Fresh
One of the biggest reasons I bought the GP2x (and I know it seems like a small piece) was to play Super Metroid on the road? Has anyone tested this? Could someone test it for me if they have a moment... someone who is lucky enough to have theirs :)

Thanks!

I can't say for sure because I don't have a GP2X yet, but I'd be willing to bet that right now you could play it... it probably wouldn't run perfectly though because whoever made the SNES emulator hasn't really had a lot of time to perfect it yet. Just give it some time.

Maybe you made a mistake, because I no longer update my knoledge on Nintendo games but (if they have not already) I would say they are likely to re-release popular snes games on game boy advance as a follow up to the nes series. If sm doesnt work now it will someday.

I can't say for sure because I don't have a GP2X yet, but I'd be willing to bet that right now you could play it... it probably wouldn't run perfectly though because whoever made the SNES emulator hasn't really had a lot of time to perfect it yet. Just give it some time.

Yeah, I was just hoping that maybe someone had tested it.... *Sigh* I can't wait to get testing and developing.... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the biggest reasons I bought the GP2x (and I know it seems like a small piece) was to play Super Metroid on the road? Has anyone tested this? Could someone test it for me if they have a moment... someone who is lucky enough to have theirs :)

Thanks!

I saw this in your other post but I am not at home yet so I cant test it for you. If no one else has had a chance I will let you know in about an hour and a half. :)

Maybe you made a mistake, because I no longer update my knoledge on Nintendo games but (if they have not already) I would say they are likely to re-release popular snes games on game boy advance as a follow up to the nes series. If sm doesnt work now it will someday.

I'm pretty sure they haven't done it yet. I don't keep track of Nintendo anymore either cuz I no longer like them, but I don't think they've even made any more "classic NES series" GBA games after the first 5 or however many they did. The reason I don't think so is simply because when they released those, there were ads for the shit everywhere. I haven't seen anything about the GBA since then. Also, if they do decide to remake popular SNES games, they'd be pretty stupid to not try to convince squaresoft to redo Chrono Trigger for the GBA.

Thanks!

I saw this in your other post but I am not at home yet so I cant test it for you. If no one else has had a chance I will let you know in about an hour and a half. :)

Thanks Ninja, you've given me something to look forward today; if not an email saying the GP is on the way :D

wow the snes emu is good

i was expoecting t to be buggy and crap

but its not :p

redo Chrono Trigger for the GBA.

They already have plans to remake GBA FF4-FF6. I wouldn't put it past them just yet.

Hmm... well then, hopefully they'll retranslate it instead of just making a direct port... I doubt it, but that would be great cuz I know there were a lot of translating errors in the original SNES version. So unless they retranslate it, I'll just play portable Chrono Trigger on my GP2X when I get it. If they do translate it though, I'll buy a GBA and a copy of the game.

Hmm... well then, hopefully they'll retranslate it instead of just making a direct port... I doubt it, but that would be great cuz I know there were a lot of translating errors in the original SNES version. So unless they retranslate it, I'll just play portable Chrono Trigger on my GP2X when I get it. If they do translate it though, I'll buy a GBA and a copy of the game.
I like the bad translations. I mean, if it wasn't for bad translations, imagine what kind of world we would be living in now. Ugh, gives me teh_chills.

Remember Zero Wing!

Back