A Rpg

Aldur

Website
www.freewebs.com
If there is one thing that the GP32 lacks it is a english RPG designed specificy for it i think someone should make one or modify rpg maker 2002 (i think its called) to compile as .fxe !

I was going to make a little Rogue clone awhile back, but then real life showed up and I didn't have the money for a GP32. If I ever bother to buy one, this will probably be the first thing I'll code.

Aldur posted on Oct 14 2004 at 06:29 PM said:
If there is one thing that the GP32 lacks it is a english RPG designed specificy for it i think someone should make one or modify rpg maker 2002 (i think its called) to compile as .fxe !

I asked the same question some time ago. The Answer: No Source, so nobody can port it.

But someone coud port IRE it could be nice.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ire

Last edited by a moderator:
Aldur posted on Oct 15 2004 at 07:59 AM said:
gigas doesnt have a pc editor yet
also it doesn't export to fxe's which is what you want right? I always thought a PC editor would be damn fine.

hold on. its not finished yet,

i think pirotic has alot to do atm

he told me he hadnt yet found a new job :S

Hey... in SCUMMVM (the original, not the GP one) they didn't have any source code...they reverse engineered games made for it. I realize nobody would bother to spend all that time on RPG Maker 2k(3), when they could just port some other similar engine that is open source, there are many.

Blah posted on Oct 22 2004 at 08:00 AM said:
Hey... in SCUMMVM (the original, not the GP one) they didn't have any source code...they reverse engineered games made for it. I realize nobody would bother to spend all that time on RPG Maker 2k(3), when they could just port some other similar engine that is open source, there are many.

That's right, but it would be best to have an RPG Maker Engine for the GP, cause there are already a LOT of finished games out there for the RPG Maker, and not many for the open sourc ones.

Shouldn't be too hard to find out the file format either...

Last edited:
imo the best thing for the gp would be so you could use AGS to make fxe's. Now that would be the definiton of excitement. hehe

kuriboh posted on Oct 29 2004 at 11:28 PM said:
Well now there is going to be a rpg made for gigas for real. :D
and this will be completed.

Good luck... I remember the Community Game Project 1 1/2 years ago... I was involved.
Created a complete timeline, wrote together the whole story we discussed in an IRC channel (a pretty good story, actually), and what happened? Most of the guys who wanted to help were gone when we wanted to start...

Last edited:
I'm working on a PC RPG engine (and additional toolset for open development) in SDL right now. Anyone willing to take the currently 48MB memory footprint and reduce it, and also make the resolution slightly less psychotic than 640x480 is certainly welcome to try.

Modern RPGs have a lot of content. And they need to know about a good pile of it. Someone writing a new RPG will definitely need to be focused on the limited amount of memory available on the GP32, and definitely keep in mind the limitations of the SMC as a content-storage system.

I really wouldn't want to try and write an RPG without C++ and the STL, but anyone who thinks they can handle it certainly should. :)

EvilDragon posted on Oct 30 2004 at 05:07 AM said:
kuriboh posted on Oct 29 2004 at 11:28 PM said:

Good luck... I remember the Community Game Project 1 1/2 years ago... I was involved.
Created a complete timeline, wrote together the whole story we discussed in an IRC channel (a pretty good story, actually), and what happened? Most of the guys who wanted to help were gone when we wanted to start...

hopefully seeing as this project doesn't require a coder, it'll be more successful...

kuriboh posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:28 PM said:
yes some tuff times, i wouldve tried to help more, but i had to move to australia no computer interaction for 6 months after that. Infact i still have 1 of the story lines took me a month to write(120-140 pages), all gone to waste

the best thing i think for a good rpg is to make it so you can convert RPG Maker 2000/2003/XP games to run on the gp32. cause then all you have to do is download the game or make one yourself. :p

the best thing i think for a good rpg is to make it so you can convert RPG Maker 2000/2003/XP games to run on the gp32. cause then all you have to do is download the game or make one yourself. :p

I wouldn't like to be the poor sap who has to spend thousands of hours reverse-engineering all of the RPG maker file formats, and then building a version of the runtime capability that'll work on the GP32. I'd rather write my own stuff.

Back