A Recent Presentation about the DragonBox Pyra

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
ED recently gave a talk at the RMLL in Montpellier, France, in early July. Here's more details and the video of his talk:

--> Continue Reading

rmllpromo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the article and the video. I was really interested in seeing the presentation but it is just too far from where I live. Watching the video as I type this. It is very interesting stuff. I love how ED gives a bit of history at the beginning of his presentations.

It's Mrozek
Yeah, sure, we are supposed to believe that is a real name. :p    You can't even say that name, says the guy who goes by a name consisting of four consonants that no one says right.

And, they wouldn't report it if it wasn't accurate. ;)

Three big slip-ups in there.

1. Misspelling ED's name
  2. Confusion over the screen dimensions, and the pointlessness of 1080p in small devices
  3. Confusion over the internal eMMC size (suggesting multiple capacities will be available?)
These are the sort of things that really bug me when I look at articles and info not from ED and people here.  They have no clue what they are talking about, so they give inaccurate or half assed info, which may cause people who are possibly interested to either expect something that will never be or outright dismiss it.  "A really cool sounding handheld video game device that will have a 5 inch screen, but the guy behind it says it doesn't need the screen...what is the point then.  Screw that nonsense."

Why is a 5" Display not needed again?
Jou dit it wrong:

The 5 # Screen is needet (and will get it way) but a Ätsch Die Screen isnt needet because it would have too small Icons on the screen,

Whe get a 5 " Screen, but not full ätsch die

Nice presentation, and not in french, which makes it a bit easer to watch..

Also i ditnt knewd, the CPU PCB whill begin to made this months..

Yes, Phronix can be annoying, but IMO these slip-ups indicate ambiguities in the original article. The spelling mistake has probably even been copied from there (compare the screenshot in Ekianjo's OP).

Nice (and long) article. And I've watched the entire Video, also good presentation. i'm sure the audience was impressed at the end by the live demonstration. :)

Back