A possible PND-system replacement

AppImage lacks dynamic/automatically loading and it's clunky to add custom files/ROMS etc to the appdata directory...

@Nilsnsn & @Magic Sam
From my understanding the issue isn't really squashfs with DBPs, you don't really need a squashfs image to make a DBP file from slaeshjag's original post. I think all the issues that arise from the DBP system and further maintainability is that it currently requires AUFS and needs to be manual enabled back into aTc's kernel builds.
OK if SquashFS is not mandatory for DBPs then you can disregard my original post.
Sorry for the noise.
Cheers, Magic Sam

DBP has the huge disadvantage to (at least currently) not working on exFat drives which is what large SD cards use.
DBP system didn't have this issue initially, seems to be an odd issue that cropped up shortly after official Pyra release and likely could be fixed with a little investigation. Also there are a half dozen other file system formats you can format SD cards to ext2/3/4 or even NTFS.
I do not really see the need for an appdata folder any more.
For ROMS and files, they should not be in specific appdata folders anyways but on universal places where different emulators can access them.
I used ROMs as a quick example, but for me real use cases would be something game engine ports were you have to place the original game data and mods in like quake, half-life... etc these are easily handled by overlay mounted appdata directories.

Back