A Noobie Needs A Gp32 Standard Cable Please Help!!

tommymordecai

Still Fresh
hello im a noob and i have been searching everywhere for a gp32 usb cable and i cant find one :( does anyone have a spare one for sale, i can pay by paypal, it must be for the standard gp32, please help me
thank you

tom

(before i get any comments about searching ebay, or anyother linked sites from any of the gp32 sites i have already searched to no avail) gp32_console

you absolutely don't need such a cable. just go to the next electronics-store and buy a card reader for 5 euro. it's faster and cheaper ;)

why freelauncher? arent there launchers, even if you have the korean firmware? i guess, i remember....

and in the the irc gp32 channel you can get a freelauncher without usb connection, can't you. i guess, i remember, too. but it's a long time ago that i used freelauncher, but i'm oretty sure....

if you don't need freelauncher than just get a card reader, they are very fast and easy to use, they are also very cheap, especially on Ebay. my recommendation comes from experience.

thanks guys i already have a usb card reader coming im a total noob so i didnt know; the guy i purchased the gp32 from doesnt have instructions or cable, is there anywhere i can download the manual from on here or the web?? can you also let me know where i can download the freelauncher without usb from??

thanks for the help!!

regards

tommy

Do you know which version of the firmware you have installed? What does the screen look like when you start up?

It's only the original Korean firmware where you need Freelauncher so with any luck you should just be able to put files on the SMC and run them without it. If you do need Freelauncher there was a thread recently where you could get a version which doesn't need to be registered (registration requires the USB cable). Have a look around recent threads or do a quick search to find the file - it was only last week or something.

Hope that helps.

J(ohn)

hehehehe grins like dejiko
no i didnt steal it, just cost £37, but didnt include cable or instructions but am assured plays everything fine etc etc,.. ebay n all

I would like to know where i could find a USB cord as well.I'v been looking for a couple of monthes then I just decided I was goin to buy a new BLU+ the lik-sang stops elling them.And every other online retailers are out of GP32 USB cords.

tommymordecai posted on Feb 14 2005 at 10:59 PM said:
hehehehe grins like dejiko
no i didnt steal it, just cost £37, but didnt include cable or instructions but am assured plays everything fine etc etc,.. ebay n all

Goddamn it - it's like deja-vu all over again! You didn't buy it from spaceboygp32x by any chance?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=17194

J(ohn)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i dont have anything that will plug into it :(
if anyone has one that will work in the gp32 please let me know and ill buy it off you but it must work with the gp32, i have a card reader and smc so if anyone knows how to do the software on a smc eg format into fat12/16 whatever can you please forward me the link or the info please

arigato!!!

damaki posted on Feb 14 2005 at 11:49 PM said:
AFAIK there are many Digital Cameras which have exactly the same cable. It should not be so hard to find :)

That might be true but not all digital cameras use the same cable. They look similar but aren't the same. My digital camera cable wouldn't fit my GP although it looks like it might from a distance.

Tommy, you need to find out the part name for the cable and do a search for that. Maybe email gamepark support to see if they can give you the part details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you see this.

Blumenu.jpg

Or this.

Koreanmenu.jpg

Trooper

Back