A New Toy..but What System?

nerd of nerds posted on May 8 2004 at 11:32 AM said:
YESSSSSSSSS!!! soo, i just got back from going to garage sales...I GOT A JAGUAR!!! with 6 games... 20 usd ...YEEEAAAAHHH
What games?

Last edited by a moderator:
Delsabre posted on May 8 2004 at 02:37 AM said:
He also doesn't have an SNES :blink:

Thats my pick. There are plenty of good games for that...
I'd say get a snes too , i got one recently and i was ded chuffed with it!!

Azure posted on May 8 2004 at 04:04 PM said:
nerd of nerds posted on May 8 2004 at 11:32 AM said:
YESSSSSSSSS!!! soo, i just got back from going to garage sales...I GOT A JAGUAR!!! with 6 games... 20 usd ...YEEEAAAAHHH
What games?
5 awful games and rayman :lol: no really, these are the games where you would see kids sitting on a couch with AMAZED looks on their faces saying "ITS SOOO 3D!!!" ummm...zool2, power drive rally, cannon fodder, kasumi ninja, and cybermorph... :lol: its sad...but rayman is fun...

but, i did have an snes...but i sold it when i wanted a ps2...aww come on...a friend gave me FFX when he found out i wanted one...i was desperate...hmmm...

sooooo, what are some good jaguar games? i know there was a bruce lee game...that sounds fun(ish), but only cuz i'm in martial arts... :ph34r: *makes all kinds of odd ninja sounds to acompany the ninja smiley*

Well, sorry to break the bad news but I don't think there are any good games for the Jaguar. I had one come in through my grandpa's pawn shop, and the games were shit.

But hey, if you got Rayman thats great.

nerd of nerds posted on May 8 2004 at 10:33 PM said:
5 awful games and rayman :lol: no really, these are the games where you would see kids sitting on a couch with AMAZED looks on their faces saying "ITS SOOO 3D!!!" ummm...zool2, power drive rally, cannon fodder, kasumi ninja, and cybermorph... :lol: its sad...but rayman is fun...
Cannon Fodder is one of the finest games ever made! Beats Rayman any day, pfft.

thebluenewt posted on May 8 2004 at 07:18 PM said:
hmmm...now that i think about it i hadn't tried that one...

cybermorph is nothing short of f*****g retarded...there are no other words for it... this green face will pop up when you die and say "ouch..."wow...

i need a huge ass tv shelving thingy now...i decided to move all of my systems into one spot...bad idea...i sense much bitching coming from my mom... :lol: <_< ...but really...you guys should see all of the wires...its FUNNY and a major fire hazard :unsure:

i love my Jaguar, you have to get Alien vs. predator and tempest 2000, those are the 2 must owns for Jaguar.

PS: Please stay away from Checkered Flag, if you see someone selling it...just run.

nerd of nerds posted on May 9 2004 at 02:21 AM said:
thebluenewt posted on May 8 2004 at 07:18 PM said:
hmmm...now that i think about it i hadn't tried that one...

cybermorph is nothing short of f*****g retarded...there are no other words for it... this green face will pop up when you die and say "ouch..."wow...

i need a huge ass tv shelving thingy now...i decided to move all of my systems into one spot...bad idea...i sense much bitching coming from my mom... :lol: <_< ...but really...you guys should see all of the wires...its FUNNY and a major fire hazard :unsure:
You should definately have a bash on cannon fodder its excellent, i remember the first time i played it when my grandad had it on the amiga!!

An Amiga CD 32....
what do you think?

As a certified Amiga nut I'd have to say get it if you already have an amiga and it's got some decent games for it but only if they are CD32 enhanced. Simon the sorcerer full talkie etc (Most games were just floppy versions on CD with maybe a little extra music or similar). Other than that you'd get more fun from an Amiga 1200 as it can play floppy based games. I know there is an expansion for the CD32 (SX1 or something) that allows mouse keyboard floppy etc but it may be hard to track down.

Also with an Amiga 1200 you can Squeeze a 3.5 inch drive inside. All you need is a converter cable. Not sure where to get one these days but google it. Fit any old drive you can find for free. Even 100mb goes a long way on an Amiga.

Next visit BTTR and download hundreds of LEGAL games for free :)

You'll need to convert the adf files back into floppies but that's quite easy using YADI or similar as long as you aren't firghtened of command line interfaces.

Edit: Oops meant YADI not yada

If you're into designing 2d graphics you can't do much better than Deluxe Paint or Personal Paint either. Mmmmmm Lovely :)

i bought a dreamcast yesterday off of ebay for about 40 dollars plus s and h
it came with 2 controllers a gameshark a memory card and a demo disk

i hope its fun

BaDToaD posted on May 9 2004 at 11:20 AM said:
An Amiga CD 32....
what do you think?

As a certified Amiga nut I'd have to say get it if you already have an amiga and it's got some decent games for it but only if they are CD32 enhanced. Simon the sorcerer full talkie etc (Most games were just floppy versions on CD with maybe a little extra music or similar). Other than that you'd get more fun from an Amiga 1200 as it can play floppy based games. I know there is an expansion for the CD32 (SX1 or something) that allows mouse keyboard floppy etc but it may be hard to track down.

Also with an Amiga 1200 you can Squeeze a 3.5 inch drive inside. All you need is a converter cable. Not sure where to get one these days but google it. Fit any old drive you can find for free. Even 100mb goes a long way on an Amiga.

Next visit BTTR and download hundreds of LEGAL games for free :)

You'll need to convert the adf files back into floppies but that's quite easy using YADI or similar as long as you aren't firghtened of command line interfaces.

Edit: Oops meant YADI not yada

If you're into designing 2d graphics you can't do much better than Deluxe Paint or Personal Paint either. Mmmmmm Lovely :)
Well... I have won the auction at around 40 £, so I am buying it :p

I never did see AGA-chipset games running back in the day, but I've been well aware of BTTR... Basicly worship the ground thay walk on. Love the fact that they actually gotten permission to host all those Amiga games... and many of them are Amiga-only titles (like most of what Team-17 made).

The reason I didn't just pull out my old A500 from my parents garage, is mostly because it just seams somewhat more "messy" to have a computer with mouse, floppy-drives and floppy-disks connected to my TV in my living-room, than a slick little console. ;)
As I said in the first post... I went looking for Dreamcast... but fell over this instead. And I guess nostalgie and familiarity made me go Amiga instead of Sega :lol: Although I do know the two systems aren't comparable :D

With a page like BTTR, it isn't actually hard to find something to play on it either (No Pirates Gold though <_<).

BTW @ diablo2
40$!!!! Damn... that's cheap.

EDIT: @ BaDToaD
Do you own a CD32?

EDIT: @ BaDToaD
Do you own a CD32?

Erm... yeah actually I do. It's in the loft at the moment. I hate to part with Amiga kit :) I bought it years ago for about 80 quid second hand with a handful of games. (You have to get the simon the sorcerer talkie it's hilarious. Chris Barrie of Red Dwarf fame plays Simon) One of the main reasons I bought it was because I couldn't afford an Amiga Squirrel and CD rom drive at the time so I linked the CD32 to my 1200 with a serial lead so I could access my Amiga Format CDs. Slow as buggery but better than logging onto the net (Aminet download site) at a penny a minute. There were no 10 quid a month deals in those days and it was better than no CD at all. Since then my amiga collection has expanded a bit.

I've also got a 500 a 600 a 1200 with 030/30 + 8meg expansion and a 1200 with 040/40 + 32meg. I've got a 4.3 gig drive and a 32x SCSI CD on the 040/40 so it copes with most stuff. Technically speaking they're not all mine as I bought some for my kids. The beefy one is sitting next to my PC and get's fired up on regular occasions especially at the moment as I'm designing some graphics for a GP32 game.

Oh the joys of a 20 second boot from cold. Proper multi tasking and all the mod music files a man could eat :)

I've even used UAE at work to run DPaint and PPaint for designing original web graphics.

Am I obsessed? No but I used to be. :)

Back