a new and need info!

tconanuk

Still Fresh
Hi I have just come across the GBAX (GP32?) and cant help but be intrigued! I have had a good look through these forums and have come up with a few questions that if u lot dont mind colud answer for me.

1.why is it not at dixons and currys and other shops?
2.what software does it come with and how do i load it on?
3.whats memory does it come with?
4.should i think of it as a very small laptop?
5.is there going to be a newer version coming out soon?
6.where do u get games for it?
7.what is the sound quality like for MP3 music? is it better with head phones on?
8. can it be used with say microsoft word?
9 .were would i get the games from?
10. where do i get programmes such as media players for it?
11. what additional hardware could i attach to it? (ie camear phone keyboard?)
12. is it microsoft friendly?
13. are the emulators to be downloaded of kazaa?
14. whats the battery life like?

Appologies if some of the questions are completely stupid/irrenlavant or obvious, any info would be appreciated.

also could anyone give me some examples of things they have done using the GBAX and what prices should i be looking to spend on one.

THANKS TOM d

Just a little comment:
GP32 is what you're talking about.
GBAX.com is a website that sells gba's and gp32's

I'll have a go at answering your questions from what I have learnt in the past 24hrs.

1. Not released in the UK
2. It comes with PCLink software to link to your PC, and a disc full of demos/games etc. afaik
3. None
4. Nope
5. Not until 2006-2007
6. The web
7. It's good but not as good as dedicated MP3 players
8. No, but I think you can view and possibly edit .txt files
9. See 6
10. See 6
11. Shrugs
12. Eh?
13. There is an emulator for download, it's on this site in the download section.
14. 8-10 hrs without light, 2-3 with

Someone else correct me if i'm wrong :)

Emulator?????? Emulators Also, micro$oft dosen't have anything to do w/ the GP32 and will prolly be competing w/ it soon (well, they prolly won't know about it because it is so small, so they aren't actually specificly targeting the GP32 as something to compete with). No micro$oft word either, and it will not run anything that a computer will run unless someone has ported it, it's .exe's are .fxe's and are in a 100% diffrent format.

cheers for the replyies, are the games redily available? would u reckommend it? better thans the nintendo gameboy?

what have u guys used it for?

7. Very good. With the same headphones and compression id put it up against most dedicated MP3's ive listened to. I only use 128kbit to get the most on 1 card with good sound (2 Albums at that rate).

10. It comes with built in MP3 player & get your movie player for £3/$5 from www.entware.com

13. Check out the main page of this site there are a load. Then Google for roms.

14. With good bats and depending on what your running it can be as good as 8- 12 no lite and 4-6 with. I almost always use light unless im outside and My 12 for £3 pack of batteries is doing really well. Ive had my GP a week and changed batteries only 3 times & still running strong on the 3rd lot.

Back