a MUCH better Pandora (think TF2 and Minecraft!)

What the Pandora really needs is programmers who are pushing the limits and doing interesting things. Paper Wars is an example, we need about 10x more traylorparks and crowriots and so on .. if a small team can sit down and hack something that really pushes the Pandora to its limits, that'd be kind of nice t have lots and lots and lots more of.

New hardware? Not necessary. Our existing hardware is already awesome. Its just, nobody has pushed it hard yet .. I mean in the sense "Made a Native Game just for the Pandora and all of its features that really pushes it hard.." Sure, lots of ports push it hard. Sure, the emulator guys are really making big strides, emulating.

But in terms of new content .. well, we just need a lot more happening on that side before we get too upset about what our hardware can't do .. in my opinion, of course.

What the Pandora really needs is programmers who are pushing the limits and doing interesting things. Paper Wars is an example, we need about 10x more traylorparks and crowriots and so on .. if a small team can sit down and hack something that really pushes the Pandora to its limits, that'd be kind of nice t have lots and lots and lots more of.

New hardware? Not necessary. Our existing hardware is already awesome. Its just, nobody has pushed it hard yet .. I mean in the sense "Made a Native Game just for the Pandora and all of its features that really pushes it hard.." Sure, lots of ports push it hard. Sure, the emulator guys are really making big strides, emulating.

But in terms of new content .. well, we just need a lot more happening on that side before we get too upset about what our hardware can't do .. in my opinion, of course.
I totaly agree. Imagine, how much are actualy 600MHz and 256MB RAM. Not even the first XBox had that much and compared to older Consoles/Handhelds it's a ton of power. If I remember what coders were able to pull out of the old COnsoles like PSX, SNES, MegaDrive etc... and if I translate this 1:1 to the Pandora, we still have a hell of a system. :)

Problem is, there is so many power loss during OS and unoptimized programms, mostly because it is actualy "PC software" that runs on the Handheld and these are usualy unoptimized compared to actual mobile gaming standards. I don't blame our Devs and coders, because I know it's hard to optimize code, especialy today where everything is driven by Gigaherz PCs and overpowered hardware where even crappiest code runs smooth.

I guess the times are gone where coders pulled more out of an C64 than ever was in. ^^

I guess the times are gone where coders pulled more out of an C64 than ever was in. ^^
The times are also gone when a game making full use of a systems' capabilities can be coded by one person. As per your comparison, making an XBox level game requires an XBox level of financial investment, as a rule.

All the Pandora REALLY needs is a better CPU (even if It's ARM) and a better GPU (The current one was released in 2006(!!!!!!!!!)) like the SGX545, which would make TF2 playable (maybe 10-25 FPS on one of my dream units) since the SGX545 DOES support DirectX. It may even make Minecraft Playable at pretty nice settings. (since my Atom netbook with an N450 and a GMA 3150 gets 10 FPS on tiny render) At the VERY LEAST, Team Fortress Classic will run at ~30 FPS, along with HL1 and other games using it's engine!

Well, if Mincraft is so important to you, just install the Android PND and you can play Pocket Edition all you want (and with all their recent updates, I can now say that PE is actually a game worth playing - unlike how it was when it first came out)

Back