What Next For Mobile Computing!

monstercameron

Website
www.thinkteletronics.com
i like whats out there...dual arm a9 cores on mobiles, quad arm a9 core on ngp, heck even dual arm 11 cores 3ds etc. but what about x86...aava smartphone? netbooks? is that really the most portable it can get...i know that x86 power consumption doesn't really allow it to be portable(for long enough) and it runs hot but lately the new arm chips are running hotter...tegra 2(dual core) runs at about 5 watts(?), while atom n450 runs(single core) at ~11 watts(including other stuff on mobo...southbridge) and z-series runs about 5-7 watts. According to my research tegra 2 does ~5000 dmips @2x1ghz, the n450 ~4500 @1.6ghz...meaning the n450 single core more powerful, even if evenly clocked at 1ghz(and i am sure power consumption would also go down). even the amd c50(10 watt 2x1ghz) or c50 lite w/ 5300 dmips is a match for tegra 2, with better graphics.
any way here are my designs.
my idea was basically to have a persistent keyboard and a touchscreen display slides up to reveal game controls, along w/ s/w like xpadder mimic mouse and keyboard comtrols for those pc games without game control support eg.(runs on c50 really good) nfs hot pursuit,far cry,halo 1,cs 1.6 & css(source engine),dmc 4, battle field 2.

specs:
amd c50
2gb ddr3 1066
80-120gb ssd
wifi a/b/g/n
bt
3g
4.5-7" display w/ capacitive touch(no need for a mouse/trackpad)

new%20developement.jpg

designs1.JPG

designs2.JPG

design3.JPG

design4.JPG

monstercameron said:
no one has an opinion, revision or idea?
Why does it jut out on the left side in one of the sketches? It shouldn't be asymmetrical IMHO.

Anyway, I like the idea of the sliding keyboard; makes it more compact without it having to fold (I generally dislike folding consoles unless they have invincible hinges). Would the capacitive touch screen support multiple simultaneous input points (ie. two fingers at once)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Com64 said:
monstercameron said:
no one has an opinion, revision or idea?
Why does it jut out on the left side in one of the sketches? It shouldn't be asymmetrical IMHO.

Anyway, I like the idea of the sliding keyboard; makes it more compact without it having to fold (I generally dislike folding consoles unless they have invincible hinges). Would the capacitive touch screen support multiple simultaneous input points (ie. two fingers at once)?

the side depicts an overlap that will hide the shoulder buttons and give it a smooth look when locked. the keyboard itself will always be out front but the controller will be hidden. and the screen will be capacitive, it will be used to replace mouse and some keyboard chores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back