a live Pandora game list, maintained per users

_David_

Website
open-pandora.net
Hello,

On the Pandora, some games can run better with a specific emulator, possibly a specific version, at the specific CPU speed, and sometime specific settings.

As this is always changing, and a single person can't gather all this information, I thought members of the community could pick 1 or 2 games they play (and eventually tweaked at its best), and share their findings on a shared database for their games.

This would give the opportunity to anyone that own a Pandora to contribute to a updated database, so anyone could start playing a new game using its optimum settings and save time trying everything randomly.

You guys have a great weekend,

David

There recently was an update for the pcsx emulator . v10 i believe. This plays ps1.

All my PS1 roms work excellently now . Try the Mega Man and Metal Slug games. I would recommend downloading this from the repo.

For the n64 ,Mario 64, wave race 64 ,starfox 64 , f-zero 64 all run great @600 cpu for me. There are other games too. Try downloading the latest mupen64 from the repo for this.

I love the pico emulator for my sega cd,32x and mega drive games. All these games play spot on so sorry I cannot pick a few :( . Of course the whole Sonic genre is recommended IMHO.The latest emulator for this is also at the reop.

Keep an eye on the repo for the latest updates and also check the software and beta testing forums too.

There are many,many more. These stand out in my cluttered mind at this time. :wacko:

Hope this helps a tad bit.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a google docs spreadsheet somewhere with compatibility lists?

[edit]Found one here.

There is also This page on the wiki.

[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there a google docs spreadsheet somewhere with compatibility lists?

[edit]Found one here.

There is also This page on the wiki.

[/edit]

I know, but this is not updated , and it matches 1 game for 1 emulator. The idea is to have someone behind each game, regardless of the emulator (some that actually plays the game).

for Example Metal Slug works on PSX, GBA , Mame... which one is the best ? or Bomberman, better on GBA or MAME106 ?

I know, but this is not updated , and it matches 1 game for 1 emulator. The idea is to have someone behind each game, regardless of the emulator (some that actually plays the game).
Somehow I doubt that would be kept up-to-date any better.

I don't. You may be pessimistic here . It's actually not updated because its no one task's . Breaking down by 1 game for 1 user would help.
Please pardon me if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but do you expect people to be assigned a game and have to take time out of their lives to keep a compatibility document up-to-date...?

I don't. You may be pessimistic here . It's actually not updated because its no one task's . Breaking down by 1 game for 1 user would help.
Please pardon me if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but do you expect people to be assigned a game and have to take time out of their lives to keep a compatibility document up-to-date...?
I like the idea from _David_, but definitely Prometheus' point is valid. Communities are too fluid for users to be assigned certain games.

Perhaps for the game:user assignments, _David_ is just referring to the initial development of the spreadsheet. That makes more sense.

I agree that a spreadsheet showing all the emulators for each game makes sense, either with multiple emulators per column for each game row, or with multiple rows per game, using each row for 1 emulator. (I prefer multi-columns vs multi-rows.)

The devil is in the details. Best wishes.

I feel like a arse for trying to help this person.

My fault I suppose.

Cheers then.

Last edited:
I feel like a arse for trying to help this person.

My fault I suppose.

Cheers then.
My apologies, but I don't understand this, nor what it has to do with my question...

I think Scoobydoo feels like an arse for helping David. For some reason.

Scooby, don't worry about what other people think. And never feel bad for helping someone, even if it turns out to be a waste of time. All contributions to a discussion are good, and I like the way you get involved with stuff :)

Getting back to the original post, I like the concept. We've had a few threads around whole game collections, and which titles work best in which emulators. We've also got compatibility lists and many many forum posts. This data is all out there, just not collected in a way that allows people to say "I want to play xxxxxxx, what's the best way to do it..."

The execution of this is the problem. It would be quite a project. But if we can talk about it hypothetically, I think a database would be a better option than a spreadsheet. It would tie together all the compatibility lists with the ideas suggested in this thread, searchable from one place.

One can dream of such things. :)

Yes you are correct in your thoughts. Thank you Gruso. Very wise advice indeed.

My sincere apologies Prometheus.

So how do we go about editing this list? I don`t get any edit / login settings.. is it locked down in some way? I would like to update it a bit..

I think It's a good idea if you can get people involved.

There's been tons of times when I wanted to play a game but didn't know what system would be best to play it on.

e.g.. Should I run Monkey Island on the Amiga emulator or use the ScummVM program to play it? You start adding bugs and over clocking numbers for the emulators/programs to that and it can get a bit of a pain to find the best version that will give you the most enjoyment.

I'm sure something like this would be very useful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think It's a good idea if you can get people involved.

There's been tons of times when I wanted to play a game but didn't know what system would be best to play it on.

e.g.. Should I run Monkey Island on the Amiga emulator or use the ScummVM program to play it? You start adding bugs and over clocking numbers for the emulators/programs to that and it can get a bit of a pain to find the best version that will give you the most enjoyment.

I'm sure something like this would be very useful :)
I know , this is why I created it .I have a full time job and kids to take care of too, so help is needed from everyone. Now, check Prometheus comments...

I had come with this

https://creator.zoho...View:Game_List1

but it generated almost no interest (at my big surprise) so I stopped working on it

I'll contribute; but I have a few requests of modifications concerning the fields.

Its a database . Any field can be added / modified / removed .

Let me know what you want to modify

I'd like to have more fields to describe how the games work: "works well"; "playable", "perfect" is not enough. You should have degrees in positive and degrees in negative.

I suggest to split in 2 categories, first :

SPEED of emulation:

1.Full Speed

2. Near Full Speed

3. Slow but Playable

4. Slideshow

QUALITY of emulation:

1. Just like the real thing

2. Some bugs (sounds/display) but acceptable

3. Some bugs (sounds/display), non-acceptable

3. Does not Run at all

Then, I'd like to see several rows for each game:

- 600 Mhz

- 800 Mhz

- 1 Ghz

(by default) so that people will feel motivated to fill the gaps.

About the images :

- Please have them resized so that they have the same size from one game to another. It looks messy otherwise.

That's about it for now. If you can do this, I'll gladly start testing and contributing.

Back