A little help Mame 0.106

Disco Devil

Still Fresh
So i have got it working, but i am a little confused as to why i am getting the Oops error on every rom i have 'fixed' using Rom Center & the 0.106.dat (they are all displaying as green in Rom Center)

Anyone know what i am doing wrong here..?

Thanks.

Sometimes if the resolution ends up being too big you will get that. For example running Pacman at 2x = ( 224x288) x 2 = 448x576, which is taller than the Pandora (840x480) can display.

The postage stamp size works though. Other than that list the games you're having problems with.

Sometimes if the resolution ends up being too big you will get that. For example running Pacman at 2x = ( 224x288) x 2 = 448x576, which is taller than the Pandora (840x480) can display.

The postage stamp size works though. Other than that list the games you're having problems with.

OK, thanks..

I guess it's off limits for me then until we have some more resolution/aspect options (optimistic i know, but what the hell) as my eyesight isn't that great (yes even with glasses) and i have to run at least 2x to have a hope of being able to play anything, i struggle with any emulator, app or game that doesn't use the Pandora's full screen real estate (Scumm, SORR etc, etc).. and as a full screen scaling/stretching option (the Pandora's full 800 x 480 NOT what the emulator or game deems to be fullscreen) doesn't seem to be that high on the to do list of most devs/porters.. i'm screwed here (again!) c'est la vie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can i just add a fresh noobie comment to this post, i dont have any problems with any other emulators or games but mame and neo geo really seem to trip me up, mainly becasue am thick. I have followed the thread in the tips,tricks and tweeks about the mame tutorial for mame4all and the thread and i have followed starlix's tutorial on mame 0.106 and correct rom conversion. however i can not get either to work. here are my logs of what i am doing incorrectly. ( Also my roms where configured using the romcenter and the MAME v0.106.dat file)

Can anyone enligthen me on what chool boy error i have made? Thank you

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/New_Volume/pandora/menu/mame106.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/New_Volume/pandora/appdata/mame.cosam.106

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : mame.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/mame.cosam.106"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/New_Volume/pandora/appdata/mame.cosam.106=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mame.cosam.106=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mame.cosam.106"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (mame.sh ) ----------

info: trying to parse: /usr/local/share/xmame/xmamerc

info: trying to parse: /home/jarvis/.xmame/xmamerc

info: trying to parse: /usr/local/share/xmame/xmame-SDLrc

info: trying to parse: /home/jarvis/.xmame/xmame-SDLrc

info: trying to parse: /usr/local/share/xmame/rc/androdunrc

info: trying to parse: /home/jarvis/.xmame/rc/androdunrc

loading rom 0: 049-p1.bin

loading rom 1: 049-p2.bin

loading rom 2: 049-s1.bin

loading rom 3: sfix.sfx

loading rom 4: sp-s2.sp1

loading rom 5: sm1.sm1

loading rom 6: 049-m1.bin

loading rom 7: 000-lo.lo

loading rom 8: 049-v1.bin

loading rom 9: 049-v2.bin

loading rom 10: 049-c1.bin

loading rom 11: 049-c2.bin

done

sfix.sfx NOT FOUND

sp-s2.sp1 NOT FOUND

sm1.sm1 NOT FOUND

000-lo.lo NOT FOUND

ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.

** (zenity:4964): WARNING **: Cannot open file '/tmp/pndrunmame.106.out': No such file or directory

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (mame.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/mame.cosam.106': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 3

Awsome thanks Alerino i will try manually adding the missing files later tonight of in the morning, only just got in from work and still got to sort the pets out so probably not gonna get a chance to try this out till about half one tonight and i dont know if i could deal with a mame stessing me out session that late at night

Back