A Little Contest While We're Waiting :)

Kaze0110 said:
Now I'm wondering if there's a hidden audio track that is imperceptible to human ears because its out of the frequency the speakers can play at, do I need to try and do an audio bypass on this?

I'm wondering if I move the left channel to the right channel if when they match up and play, (if they do) if there would be a harmonic sound in it, OR if they are subtracted from one another, what would be left over of the audio?

Its a synthesized audio track, but I can't figure out from where it was recorded from, if it was self generated it would of had to be through a sequencer, because the note changes are TOO perfect and consistent. Fruity Loops? I'm noticing patterns in the mix, but can't see exactly how many are matching, or if it's a time distort on the file.

... I think I'm getting warm though.

I'm attempting to demodulate it as an AM signal using baudline atm :rolleyes:

It now sounds like it's morse code, but he said it wasn't -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncompressed it and it's definitely synthesized if you look at it as an image. Looks like a group of dancing babes :D

Also when looking at the distribution of values it kind of looks like a Lemmings level (with a bit of imagination!)

This is my last post for today, if someone cares to give it a go.

I've forgotten the procedure for doing so, but I remember there was a way to convert mp3's into picture files by converting them in photoshop as RAW file formats. May be something worth looking into, but I haven't the time right now.

Answer submitted, although I don't think I got all the way there. It felt like there was another step I had to take. Maybe I'm not quite technical enough for this one.

Try not to give too much away in your forum posts guys. ;)

Gruso said:
Answer submitted, although I don't think I got all the way there. It felt like there was another step I had to take. Maybe I'm not quite technical enough for this one.

Try not to give too much away in your forum posts guys. ;)

I just hope that if I can't get it myself, I'll help someone else who can.
Who knows, maybe if I helped enough I'd get me a bonus shirt =D

I'm really curious to see what the solution is.

3 folks found it so far, hence: no more hints. :) Solution to follow once the contest has closed.

Matthias_H said:
Contest has ended! Find the solution on the homepage.

So I see that I got the right answer, even though I did not submit it for the prizes. I suppose I didn't really want the "stuff" - just passing the knowledge. It would have helped a lot to have actually passed the signal through some sort of visual process to see it, but I didn't really have the motivation for it at that exact point in time.

Cool contest though, thanks!

Oh! I just noticed that this is over.

Only eight people got it! That's a low enough number that I can be smug about being one of them.

I got it before that last hint was posted so I'm going to feel even smugger.

scope1.png
scope2.png

Just thought I'd write this to keep you all posted on exactly how smug I'm feeling.

Attachments

• scope1.png
    scope1.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 111
  • scope2.png
    scope2.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 109
VRAndy said:
Oh! I just noticed that this is over.

Only eight people got it! That's a low enough number that I can be smug about being one of them.

I got it before that last hint was posted so I'm going to feel even smugger.

scope1.png
scope2.png

Just thought I'd write this to keep you all posted on exactly how smug I'm feeling.

Yes, but are you one of the three that is getting a prize? </smug>
I used sndpeek since I already had it compiled from previous amateur audio analysis activities.

Attachments

• scope1.png
    scope1.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 103
  • scope2.png
    scope2.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 106
davidgro said:
Yes, but are you one of the three that is getting a prize? </smug>
Curse you!!!