A Little Contest While We're Waiting :)

Matthias_H

I posted a puzzle/riddle/contest on my website, so while you're waiting for Pandora news, why not try to solve it? I only have a bunch of little prizes to give, but whoever discovers the secret will indulge in deep satisfaction. Promise :)

Look here

Cheers,
Matthias

Anyone have any riddles or brain teasers?

Also - I've opened your page and I will try out your puzzle now :)

Edit: Can't find a puzzle? Is it a puzzle or a plug for your cool toys?

Is it that sound contest?

kingoddball said:

If people want a distraction they should try notpron its pretty addictive

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
kingoddball said:

What on earth is notpron? I'm at the website and playing around. I'm on level 4 'light this place now'. It's freaking weird!

kingoddball said:
Bosbeetle said:
kingoddball said:

What on earth is notpron? I'm at the website and playing around. I'm on level 4 'light this place now'. It's freaking weird!

Its fun to do with a few friends and don't google without '-notpron'. I think 'we' managed to get to lever 70 something

Bosbeetle said:
Its fun to do with a few friends and don't google without '-notpron'. I think 'we' managed to get to lever 70 something
Well, I may only have one level, but at least you won't be able to guess the solution by looking at the HTML source ;-)

Matthias_H said:
Bosbeetle said:
Well, I may only have one level, but at least you won't be able to guess the solution by looking at the HTML source ;-)

hehe

My instincts tell me that it's program data for some ancient machine stored in audio form. GO!

Well i have never seen that little USB cartridge gadget on Engadget before, i check that site reguarly for years now, must have missed that one!
Anyway, it looks wicked, clever bit of work there!

back to the contest, im at work now and if i listen to sound i catch a dry slap with a wet kipper, so will check that out tonight and see if i can guess the sound!
----its like one of them old radio quizes :)

I opened the file in goldwave, and the track data looks like lunar lander, or defender? BP?

Well, theres zero information in the meta data other than the composer. It doesn't have an encased file prefixing, or suffixing it, wordpad only shows that it was probably encoded by razor lame, but that doesn't really mean anything. In viewing the data through goldwave, I'm not sure what I'd be looking for, but it seems like the left channel is a duplicate of the right channel, just delayed. Or at least the rhythms look very similar.

Its hard trying to analyze an audio file without speakers.

Now I'm wondering if there's a hidden audio track that is imperceptible to human ears because its out of the frequency the speakers can play at, do I need to try and do an audio bypass on this?

I'm wondering if I move the left channel to the right channel if when they match up and play, (if they do) if there would be a harmonic sound in it, OR if they are subtracted from one another, what would be left over of the audio?

Its a synthesized audio track, but I can't figure out from where it was recorded from, if it was self generated it would of had to be through a sequencer, because the note changes are TOO perfect and consistent. Fruity Loops? I'm noticing patterns in the mix, but can't see exactly how many are matching, or if it's a time distort on the file.

... I think I'm getting warm though.

It sounds like something you might hear if you connected a set of speakers to the deflection coils of a CRT (with attenuation of some sort, obviously), but I can't tell just listening to it what kind of tube it would be.

I may have to give up on this, I'm swamped with possibilities.

Stenography hasn't worked (yet), But it gives this about the file.

Code:
First header found at byte 2674
Audio version=3
Layer index=1
Protection bit=1
Padding bit=0
Frame Size=626
Frame #2 found at=3300
Frame Size=626
IsVBR=0
VBRPos=-1
Frame Count=1053

Oh, why can't it just be as simple as stenography! I thought I was getting so close =/

Back