A Few Wireless Questions

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
I've had a little trouble with my laptop and the internet recently. I can't afford a wireless router at the moment and so have to drag my laptop to the communal room in my student house to get a direct connection.

However I can't seem to recieve a complete connection, I'm stuck with a limited resources warning.

We're using an NTL connection (this is non negotiable) and it works fine with my friends laptop but not mine and when I try to run the NTL installation disk it stops me with an error half way through stating that my network card it not TCP/IP assigned (which it is and correctly configured.)

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the network card drivers as well as running various windows wizards with no success.

If no one can come up with any suggestions it would be great if someone could answer this: would it be possible to turn one laptop with a wireless card into a wireless access point by bridging the connections between the ethernet and the wifi card? Or is it not that simple?

Cheers in advance people.

Back