A bunch of new Qemu-Videos collected :

MrBazil2k

Ello there folks,

Qemu is somehow taking my breath away =D

I have recorded a hand full of videos and put them togehter into one 20 min. movie.

Some of those games run pretty well so far.

Just check it out :

Comache 1.0

Comanche 2.0 vs Werewolf

C&C - Tiberiumconflict (SVGA)

C&C - Red Alert (SVGA)

Leisure Suit Larry 7

Myth - The Fallen Lords

Dungeon Keeper

and some more...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZYnpRv7fsM?feature=oembed

See you ! =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, thats right

the ones at the end arent really playable. They are far away from that.

I just thought to give it a try, testing them out as well. Just to see what is possible right now.

But at least they are starting = D

Setting Qemu up with Freedos is quite simple by the way. So Comanche and Dungeon Keeper

are working almost "out of the box" with no problems. I wasnt much into optimizing those OSs.

It could be that somone with the knowledge about setting those old OSs up the right way

might get some more performance out of it. Same counts for Win98se with that unofficial sp 2.1 d

and directx 9.0 c.

Oh well, good luck setting it all up !

If you have any questions about getting those games running, just feel free to ask.

Some of them can be quite "stubborn" = D

See You !

Are you using a 1ghz or 600mhz unit? And is it running at the default clockspeed. I'm personally getting a 1ghz unit, but for some others with the 600mhz units it might make a difference.

Its a 1 Ghz Pandora running from about 1.0 Ghz to 1,25 Ghz

(You can see the clockspeed for each game used in the "end titles / credits" of the movie)

But thats a good point o_O

I will try testing the first half of the games mentioned in the video above on the 600 Mhz model as soon as I find time for it.

(Comanche,C&C (SVGA), LsL7, Myth - TFL, DK ...)

Maybe I can create exact the same Video again =P so we can see if there are any differences between them.

Its a 1 Ghz Pandora running from about 1.0 Ghz to 1,25 Ghz

(You can see the clockspeed for each game used in the "end titles / credits" of the movie)

But thats a good point o_O

I will try testing the first half of the games mentioned in the video above on the 600 Mhz model as soon as I find time for it.

(Comanche,C&C (SVGA), LsL7, Myth - TFL, ...)

Maybe I can create exact the same Video again =P so we can see if there are any differences between them.
Thanks, right now I can't view the videos because I can either view the videos or the forum, but not both. Thanks a lot stupid VPN.

Dungeon Keeper.. I'm sold
And for those that don't yet own a copy, you can get a copy from gog.com. Hopefully at some point they will have the deeper dungeons available as well.

:D I fell in love with that game, back those days.

I just dont know how many hours I have spent with it.... but its quite a lot.

And I still play it from time to time :p

Our "Horned Reaper" always wishes me a "Good nite" in our bedroom :rolleyes:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/dscf0265i.jpg/'>
dscf0265i.jpg

whaaa?!

is that about 6' tall? or is it standing in a dolls house room with a scaled plug socket there :)

that is very nice, must've cost a few quid

whaaa?!

is that about 6' tall? or is it standing in a dolls house room with a scaled plug socket there :)

that is very nice, must've cost a few quid
We live in a dollhouse... =D ... somehow we had to afford that 1Ghz Pandora you know ...

naaaah Im just joking ;)

=D Its about 2,20 Meters tall (thats 7,22 feet / 86,61 inches) ... I think ^^

Im not sure how much worth he really is. I have seen a couple of his brothers passing through ebay the last few months.

So he isnt really rare. It always depends on his condition tho. And as far as I know he is still buyable as "new" directly from

"http://www.mucklefiguren.de"

EDIT : Bwaaah ! They have removed the "Buy that statue directly here" Button somehow o_O

:D I fell in love with that game, back those days.

I just dont know how many hours I have spent with it.... but its quite a lot.

And I still play it from time to time :p

Our "Horned Reaper" always wishes me a "Good nite" in our bedroom :rolleyes:
Little bit offtopic but there is hope for some Dungeon Keeper like game on Kickstarter, even an early tech demo is available! :)  

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subterraneangames/war-for-the-overworld?ref=category

https://wftogame.com/demo

One more reason to get Unity on the Pandora working. ^^

Little bit offtopic but there is hope for some Dungeon Keeper like game on Kickstarter, even an early tech demo is available! :)

http://www.kickstart...ld?ref=category

https://wftogame.com/demo

One more reason to get Unity on the Pandora working. ^^

Hollala... =D

thx for posting this here Fusion_Power.

Its the first time I ve heared about this project O.O

I bet I would have missed that one without you =D

Besides: Im just setting up the 600 Mhz Pandora at the moment.

But until I have all the videos together for comparison, its going to take some time.

I'm trying to get Dungeon Keeper working)I've never much luck with this emulator), I've the GOG version and I've copied the files across to my Pandora. When I run it under Freedos(as recommended?), I get the first title screen, then it goes to a picture of a cd with a question mark on it, then no further...

Any ideas?

Humm.. well if that red "CD with a question mark" appears .. it means he is searching for the CD or at least the location of the data you have started the installation from.

Me for example :

I wasnt able to create an "ISO" Image from my original Dungeon Keeper CD in the first place.

Since its a Multilayer disc with Music on it "Img-Burn" always wanted to create an *.BIN Image which isnt supported by Qemu (As far as I know)

I have had 2 solutions for this :

1st

copying all data I found on the CD to a Folder and mounting that Folder as a "shared" one within "Qemu for Pandora"

(Usually you can change within FreeDos1.0 to that folder by "D:" if you have no other images mounted)

From that Folder you can start the installation from (toward C:\Keeper)

After that DK should run fine as long as you have that shared folder mounted within "Qemu for Pandora"  as "D:"

2nd

later on I figured how to create an ISO from my original Dungeon Keeper CD by just deselecting the audio tracks from that CD

(So only the Data part got copied to that ISO file)

After mounting that ISO within Qemu for Pandora I have been able to install from "D:" again (since I had no other image or hd or folder mounted)

About your problem there :

I do not really know what you get after you buy that game from GoG.com

Is it an ISO File ? the Files from CD ? Do you just have to copy those files or do they need installation ?

Ello there everyone :

Im not really sure if that helps anyone but I have prepared a :

128 MB Qemu-Harddisk-Image (*.qcow2 get it from here : "http://www.mediafire.com/?0tgskwmycsg1385")
FreeDos 1.0 is preinstalled (Did that with the *.ISO File from "www.freedos.org")
Soundblaster 16 Driver is preinstalled (Got that one from "support.creative.com")

All you have to do now is taking this "*.qcow2" Image File onto your SD-Card
(For example into : \SD1\pandora\appdata\qemu\images\)
And mount that Image within "Qemu for Pandora" as your "HDD image"

Dungeon Keeper :

Copy all the content from your Dungeon Keeper CD into a Folder called KEEPER (just an example)
    Move that Folder onto your SD-Card
    (For example into : \SD2\qemu\)
    And mount that "KEEPER" Folder within "Qemu for Pandora" as your "Shared folder"

After that set up "Qemu for Pandora" the following :

Main : RAM in MB (128 for Batch 1 Pandora; 384 for all others)
    Files and directories : Okay we already did that
    Imagetools : Nothing to do here
    Other options : Fullscreen (enabled)
            Use Bochs vga card instead of Cirrus Logic (disabled)
            Disable sound (disabled)
            Adlib card emulation (disabled)
            486 CPU instead of pentium (disabled)
            Diable Netzwork (enabled)
            Other : "-no-acpi -no-hpet -balloon none"

Credits : Go ahead and read which mighty god we have to worship for such an wonderfull portation of Qemu =D

(That wasnt a joke ^^)

After that you are good to go :

Click on "Launch" under "Main"
(when the bootup stops for a few sec just press Enter; we are choosing option "2" automatically after few seconds)
Wait until "C:\>" appears
Type : "keyb gr"
Type : "D:" (the double point is created by holding "shift" and ">" on the Pandora keyboard)
Type : "setup"

Now the DK setup should start :

Ignore the Sound Option for now => head on directly for "installation"
Just choose "C:\Keeper" as destination by pressing "enter"
(now depending on your SD-Card Speed the installation takes 5 min +)
After installation has finished and your head is rolling over the floor enter "Sound konfiguration"
Choose "Choose Soundcard"
Choose "Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 or AWE32" from list
Choose "automatic configuration"
Choose "Test" (you wont hear anything ^^)
Choose "Ok"
Choose "Leave the Setup"

Now after installation you just have to Type : "Keeper" to start Dungeon Keeper

But in future :
To Start Dungeon Keeper from "C:\>"

Type : "cd Keeper"
Type : "keeper"

Now DK should start without any trouble as long as you have "KEEPER" Folder mounted as Shared one within "Qemu for Pandora".

Comanche 1.0 :

- Same Qemu Setup as written above

- You can take the same Image as before

- Mounting a folder with the game files from the Comanche CD

or the ISO-image within "Qemu for Pandora"

- when the bootup stops for a few seconds CHOOSE OPTION 3 and press ENTER

(at least thats needed for starting Comanche 1.0 otherwise it wont start)

- Accessing that folder or image after you reached "C:\>" by typing "D:"

- Type : "Install"

The Installation should start :

- Press : "Enter" to choose the usual "C:\Comanche" Destination

After the Installation has finished :

- Type : "Soundset"

- Choose : "Sound Blaster Compatible"

- Choose : "220 (default)" ; IRQ 05 (default 2) ; DMA 1 (defalut)

- Choose : "Sound Blaster Compatible"

To Start Comanche after installation :

- Type : "Comanche"

To Start Comanche from : "C:\>"

- Type : "cd Comanche"

- Type : "Comanche"

Now Comanche should start without any trouble as long as you have the "Comanche" Folder or Image mounted within "Qemu for Pandora".

I hope I was able to help someone =S

(If anyone needs help with the GOG Files I need further information on what you exactly get after you bought that game vom GoG.com)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/dscf0330x.jpg/'>
dscf0330x.jpg

GREAT..thanks :)

I never managed to setup Qemu properly (mainly for the lack of time..) but your Qemu image is really handy..i'm just downloading Thanks

I had Dungeon keeper installed to a USB stick, then copied the files onto my Pandora, furniture try installing it from within Qemu itself, I'll give that a go:)

I can't seem to install the game from within Qemu on the Pandora, I think the install file is too big for the emulator somehow, if I try add the install directory as a shared folder, the emulator refuses to start! I read elsewhere that I could change the install path, do I need to detail the full Pandora path, or simply the emulated path?

I can't seem to install the game from within Qemu on the Pandora, I think the install file is too big for the emulator somehow, if I try add the install directory as a shared folder, the emulator refuses to start! I read elsewhere that I could change the install path, do I need to detail the full Pandora path, or simply the emulated path?
Well... as far as I figured it out now :

(Your GoG.com downloaded Version works through Dos-Box)

But I also know that you are just missing 2 Folders within your GoG installation files which prevent you from running the game as usual from the "DOS-Prompt" "C:\>".

The game searches for the folder "LDATA" and "LEVELS" which are usually on your CD or in the directory you have installed from.

Thats why you have the "question mark issue" which you have mentioned before. Those files within these directory are necessary for starting the game.

Im not sure where exactly those two folders are hidden within that GoG.com Installation tho.

I bet they are mounted/hidden within that GAME.GOG File but I have no Idea how to solve this further on.

EDIT: Ummm well there is a solution for this but ... errr I m not sure if that is allowed

The "GAME.GOG" File I have mentioned before is like an *.bin image file.

It is possible to mount that File within DeamonTools and extract the necessary folders to the place I have written above.

After that Dungeon Keeper should launch within FreeDos on the Pandora.

EDIT2 : It also could be that if you move all files from that shared folder into your virtual image file , that you have to change the installation path in the "Keeper.cfg" file

from "d:\keeper\" to "c:\keeper\"

Back