3rd Party Ac Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbear

Still Fresh
I have a ac adapter with 3 different plugs on it i used to use for my game gear would anyone of these work with my gp2x (MK2) 3v 300mA, 9v 550mA, DC 6V 250 mA i dont want to melt my gp2x

READ THE FAQ! LEARN TO SEARCH.

No, it won't, and don't ask what will, or I'll personally shove a ten foot pole up your rear passage!

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/External_power_supply

I've never understood why people flame someone for not searching.

Sometimes, when I search for answers, I get a hit on the perfect title, such as "3rd Party Ac Adapter". I am excited to think I've found the answer. And thread consists of a newbie asking the question, and 5 forum regulars flaming the crap out of him for not searching first.

And also, searching does not always bring all the answers, especially when the search terms are tough to discern.

I think a better rule is to
1- Ignore, rather than flame
2- if you do respond, answer the question and gently add "try searching the forum", browsing the wiki or newbie page."

Thats fair enough, but when the question itself has been answered properly about 50,000 times already, then the reason for the new post seems simply like the poster can't be bothered to search as it's easier to just post a new topic and wait for replies. This is incredibly annoying. We really need to fill up the forum database with non-stop power adaptor questions as soon as another person buys a gp2x.

Even if you can't use the forums search engine for whatever reason, you can still use google to search the forum (hint: try typing "site:www.gp32x.de dc adaptor" into googles search box), which brings up the exact information you require on the first page. Also, within 5 minutes of being here, you should notice that there's a Wiki. Within 6 minutes you can type "adaptor" into the Wiki's search engine and get the exact information you want instantly. If your unsure of the url for the wiki, a quick typing of "gp2x wiki" into google takes you straight there.

And finally, I did actually answer the question :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back