Ac Adaptor For My Gp2x

fightingdreamer88

Still Fresh
I've already spent a lot of money to get myself set up with the GP2X and so I'm looking to use one of the AC/DC adaptors I already own as opposed to buying the official one. I have this one that powers my Roland synthesizer, it's a 9V adaptor. Will this fry my GP2X? The model number is ACB-240. I've been using it to power my Radica Mega Drive Play TV Legends game thing (one of those plug-and-play things with 12 games stored on it) and that hasn't had any problems, although it specifies that you use a 6V DC adaptor.

I'm not sure. Help please!

Dont use a 9v adapter on a 3v machine, I think you'll be in for a lot less heart ache if you just spent $10 on a correct power supply.

As far as I know the GP2x has a different polarity than many common adapters, add this to the fact that it needs to be 3v at 1Amp+, you are unlikley to find an existing adapter that is suitable, (unless of course it is a multi adapter made for this purpose). In the UK you an buy a multi adpater for £7 from Maplin (its the size of a brick tho). Not sure how this compares in price to the official one.

Back