33mhz Palm

P

pAiN

Will a 33mhz palm with 8mb ram run NES emulation?

this is the last palm pc post I swear, i don't want to upset Linkinpark since he's contributed soooo much to the GP32 scene :D

i think it can - just maybe not commercial games very fast. There used to be a guy that made games for a gameboy emualtor so they could run faster or something.

A 33MHz device isn't going to do any emulation.. thats just too slow for emulation.

Besides, pretty much every emu requires an OS5 device. Theres a couple for older devices, but they won't be useful on 33MHz.

jeff

i've tried looking for a good pda site, but when i google search it doesn't really give me what i'm looking for, i need to try to find a good pda gaming site.

Octavious, i have a GP32, why would i spend time working on my site along with Don if i didn't.

I ask people here because people here are knowledgeable about more things than the GP32 usually and thats what the other consoles section is for.

read my previous post and it will tell you why. and i don't just want a pda for nes, i want it for the other pda stuff, but i want a pda that can play nes, kinda like a bonus.

A 33MHz device isn't going to do any emulation.. thats just too slow for emulation.

Besides, pretty much every emu requires an OS5 device. Theres a couple for older devices, but they won't be useful on 33MHz.

jeff

Gameboy (ie Liberty) runs ok on 33Mhz FS 2 or 3. Don't expect to play arcade games but zelda, Pokemon and FF are fine. If you over can clock to 44 or so with FastCpu you can get a very playable game of Gator Pinball, frogger, busta move etc with FS1 so some arcade games are ok. As for NES no hope. Basically Gameboy is it for OS4.1 and below devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
PAIN: I kind of understand, just to see if you can, right? I run ST and Amiga stuff just fine on my xbox, but of course i'm dying to get it working on my DC as well....and even worse, I actually own an Amiga (..or two) and an ST ;)

my new pda ok i splurged, and just bought this

64mb ram, 208mhz processor, 16-bit color screen, i thought it was a good deal for what it can do.

Back