32 Dice release Just for you! (Update 1.9)

@Majin why not put a request on the board? Typically developers with a proven track record of releasing Pandora software have better luck recruiting, so perhaps once 32 Dice is finalised on the repo you could put a request on the board, I can ask the guy who did the dice if he is interested (he typically does 3D these days).

@Majin why not put a request on the board? Typically developers with a proven track record of releasing Pandora software have better luck recruiting, so perhaps once 32 Dice is finalised on the repo you could put a request on the board, I can ask the guy who did the dice if he is interested (he typically does 3D these days).
Alright that sounds good. But it must be someone I can trust. I put a lot of love and care into my work, it would break my heart if someone was to steal my work and run with it.

Hello everyone and Happy Fourth of July! I have posted a new update that you may all like. It adds a couple minor changes to the display and fixes some critical bugs that would freeze the game if done correctly. There is now a title screen, options menu, a meter to keep track of remaining dice, and a restart button. People have been really enjoying the game I so I plan to add more to as long as people continue to play it. Soon I will be testing online play so hopeful I will get that up and working. In the next update both players will be able to have their own options (so maybe one person has the shadows on and the other doesn't). Also hopefully I will finish the undo button. Another small thing I would like to add is making the golden background that indicates you selected a die to turn red when that die can not move. If I can think up some more options I will add them but I seem to go blank when making them up for this game. Hopefully I can get some sounds into the game. I want to add a "cheat" menu so players can alter the rules, such as jumping over other dice instead of limiting your self or allowing the players to place the randomly rolled dice in any order that they want.

Anyways download the new version and tell me what you think. I greatly appreciate the criticism I have been receiving. (I may add rules later if I don't get too lazy).

Just a little reminder: It is more interesting to read what you have accomplished than it is to read what you plan to do. Keep up the good work.

I greatly appreciate the criticism I have been receiving.
I hope you mean constructive criticism, rather than actual non-productive criticism :)

We're all here to help you make the best product you can (purely for our own self-interests, mind! ;) )

It would be great to see this come to the Pandora and better than your first imaginings of the game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing the update, although that'll have to wait until I finish work.

Just a little reminder: It is more interesting to read what you have accomplished than it is to read what you plan to do. Keep up the good work.
Alright yeah I suppose you're right. Perhaps next time I should keep it all a surprise. Sometimes I can't help myself.

I greatly appreciate the criticism I have been receiving.
I hope you mean constructive criticism, rather than actual non-productive criticism :)

We're all here to help you make the best product you can (purely for our own self-interests, mind! ;) )

It would be great to see this come to the Pandora and better than your first imaginings of the game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing the update, although that'll have to wait until I finish work.
Thanks and yeah so far I have gotten a lot of constructive criticism, and I am grateful for that. Yeah I haven't started on that yet but I will soon. Work and my brother's future plans for his proposal to his girlfriend has taken all my time away, that's why these newest additions are so minor. Already I have added more for a version 1.5. I need to make a computer player! It is just such a challenge.

Hello everyone. I have been working hard on the next update, and it does add a lot of little things and a couple of fixes. However, I am having a lot of trouble making a "good" computer player. I have one made with a tiny bit of tactics but still it is very stupid and can get stubborn at time. I am also working on online play and I got it to work between two computers. What I need to know is if there is anyone who is willing to help me test out the online play. I want to make sure I can make it work with any computer and not just locally connected computers. If you would like to help me out just let me know.

The last thing I would like to add is an undo button. I am brainstorming ideas for that right now and hopefully that will be out before the next update.

After that I will be working on a version 2 were there will be sounds (some are already made) and the visuals will be completely improved.

Hello Again, I know this topic has been dead, but I am here to announce that I have posted the latest update. It includes many fixes, and a good amount of additions. It now has a very very terrible computer player, which wont give you any competition at all (I am working on making it better, it may take time). I am also working my way to have online play. That should be up soon! I have all the proper resources to enable online play just be a little patient and hopefully we can have a small community play this game. Anyways download the latest version and let me know what you think :) see you later.

Excellent news :)

BTW The topic isn't dead. It's just resting and waiting.
Aw thank you! There is a lot of changes that are involved, please check them out. I will be working on online play all day and if it doesn't get finished today I will work on it all week. Once that is done I think I will be ready to stop production on the game start the porting process. I know I have been lagging, but work dude. Working full time takes a lot of time and energy from me :eek:   but I love it!

Hello everyone, I know it's been a while but I updated my 32 Dice game and add several new features and bug fixes. Also I have been studying Python due to it's popularity, so eventually I will get this thing on the Pandora and on mobile devices. I also created a version of Whacky Wit as well.

Also, if anyone is willing to give me some pointer on a decent AI, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO There is no such thing as true AI.

AI is just a programmed random or semi-random response to a certain condition. Sure computers can learn from such conditions (by improving the odds for the AI player), but sometimes you don't want them to. What's the point of playing a game with a computer that you cannot possibly beat, as it's learned all the best outcomes/has the best odd given the available possibilities?

If you want a computer controller character to be dumb, you lower the (random) chance of it doing something clever and vice-versa, given a specific condition.

eg a dumb CPU player will have a random chance (say 10/100) of doing something clever, but a clever cpu player will have a (80/100) chance of doing something clever. Always leave a chance for a clever CPU player to do something dumb and a stupid CPU to do something clever. Humans act in similar ways - nobody is always wrong and nobody is always perfect. Design deliberate flaws into the AI.

Anyway, I enjoyed 32dice when you first released it, so will gladly have another play when I get a bit more time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO There is no such thing as true AI.

AI is just a programmed random or semi-random response to a certain condition. Sure computers can learn from such conditions (by improving the odds for the AI player), but sometimes you don't want them to. What's the point of playing a game with a computer that you cannot possibly beat, as it's learned all the best outcomes/has the best odd given the available possibilities?

If you want a computer controller character to be dumb, you lower the (random) chance of it doing something clever and vice-versa, given a specific condition.

eg a dumb CPU player will have a random chance (say 10/100) of doing something clever, but a clever cpu player will have a (80/100) chance of doing something clever. Always leave a chance for a clever CPU player to do something dumb and a stupid CPU to do something clever. Humans act in similar ways - nobody is always wrong and nobody is always perfect. Design deliberate flaws into the AI.

Anyway, I enjoyed 32dice when you first released it, so will gladly have another play when I get a bit more time. :)
Thank you, yeah it makes sense because it would take away the fun to make a super dominating computer. My professor gave me a hint and I applied it to my Whacky Wit game and it worked perfectly, but it is some much harder with a chess like game. Do I need to make an array that collects all possible moves and then somehow grade the moves? Also do you now anything about network play? I would love to make that possible but I don't know much about it.

You could use arrays or IF ... THEN or SELECT ... CASE (depending on your language of choice) or a combination of all 3 etc.

Networking. Not a clue. It's something I tried a long while back, but never understood.

You could use arrays or IF ... THEN or SELECT ... CASE (depending on your language of choice) or a combination of all 3 etc.

Networking. Not a clue. It's something I tried a long while back, but never understood.
you and me both. For Whacky Wit I use IF THEN and the switch (SELECT CASE). This one I am not so sure about but I will test around. I really can't wait to start programming in Python. It looks pretty similar to BASIC so far.

I updated the version again and added some new features. The computer player is still kind of stupid, but I increased the variety of moves it can make. I will eventually make it smarter, it is just kind of challenging to implement. Also I have been trying to learn how to make online play, it's completely a new topic for me, so maybe sooner or later I will have it figured out. It would be cool if I could give steam a shot but I don't think enough people are that interested.

Is this still available for download somewhere? I'm not able to get the zip file with the program any more. :(

Is this still available for download somewhere? I'm not able to get the zip file with the program any more. :(
Well the first link is dead, but there is an attached zip in the first post that seems to be downloadable.

Well the first link is dead, but there is an attached zip in the first post that seems to be downloadable.

I tried downloading that already. It would be silly of me to ask for a link if I hadn't already tried all the available links.
The attached zip only contains a change log text document and nothing else. :confused:

Hoping that someone sees this and puts up a new link containing the game files! :'(

I tried downloading that already. It would be silly of me to ask for a link if I hadn't already tried all the available links.
The attached zip only contains a change log text document and nothing else. :confused:

Hoping that someone sees this and puts up a new link containing the game files! :'(

Hello there, I am the one who created the program. First off, thank you for your interest in my game. I am extremely grateful :) I am not sure why the link is dead, maybe from the integration to the new forums. I will post a new link to it later today with an updated version. It allows you to set up the board however you choose. If I don't by the end of the day, please remind me by responding to me.
[doublepost=1452803278,1452799091][/doublepost]Alright, I updated the download link. This isn't the latest version, I still need to attach all of my files to the new version, but it should be up by tonight. If you like it, the new version has a board edit mode, fixed bugs, sounds, blind mode, and paving the way for new game modes and a rules edit mode. I look forward to posting it later. A lot of nwe features have been added.

Back