30 Sec Flood Control

Steve-O

Damn this 30 sec Flood control thing is getting anoying :(

I want to reply to posts quickly but always have to wait 30 secs before I can

Is it possible to reduce it to 10 seconds or something?

If you can browse to a topic, compose your reply and hit submit in 30 seconds -- you haven't thought about what you're typing.

Plus we want to discourage spammers... at least then they have to wait a while between posts. It slows them down.

Rico posted on Sep 6 2004 at 07:54 PM said:
If you can browse to a topic, compose your reply and hit submit in 30 seconds -- you haven't thought about what you're typing.

Plus we want to discourage spammers... at least then they have to wait a while between posts. It slows them down.

I use FireFox, so I open lots of topics up at once so I miss the browsing part out :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I do the same but I can't say I've experienced the flood warnings. Just take a little more time with the post if you don't want to wait... or go read another topic while you wait ;)

Rico posted on Sep 6 2004 at 08:27 PM said:
Well I do the same but I can't say I've experienced the flood warnings. Just take a little more time with the post if you don't want to wait... or go read another topic while you wait ;)

You aint experienced it, cos it aint used for mods

Axeman posted on Sep 6 2004 at 09:48 PM said:

Damn, Mods get the best life :p hehe

Axeman posted on Sep 6 2004 at 10:48 PM said:
Well I get search flood controls stopping me from searching, so maybe post flood controls are also in effect. I'll do a test now...

www.gp32z.com

EDIT: You appear to be correct :)

www.gp32z.com

Well you could reply within 30 seconds, say someone just asked for a yes or no answer or something. Ive only experienced the flood control a few times, but yeah, 30 seconds is a bit drastic, 20 seconds probably be better.

Just realized, the 30 seconds thing happens when you try to add reply, not when you submit the reply.

And just to let you know theres a slight typo on the news board.

"Unfortunately, I have now idea what's new. But you need to have linux installed on your SMC to use it."

www.gp32z.com

Jr2swiss posted on Sep 6 2004 at 05:37 PM said:
Well you could reply within 30 seconds, say someone just asked for a yes or no answer or something. Ive only experienced the flood control a few times, but yeah, 30 seconds is a bit drastic, 20 seconds probably be better.

Just realized, the 30 seconds thing happens when you try to add reply, not when you submit the reply.

So you could have the topic in one window and refresh it, while having a reply box in another. So you can reply in the "main" thread window and then in the second window in less than 30 seconds.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just tried it. :p

Rico posted on Sep 6 2004 at 08:54 PM said:

So I suppose when you speak you also wait 30 seconds before you reply to what somebody has said huh....?

:p
I think it should be reduced to 15 seconds.

If two people are replying to each other with posts so short and so frequent that they are being hit by the flood filter... they should start using IRC or something. In general, forums are not designed for that, and even the Chatbox should have the filter to allow everyone a fair chance to comment.

Back