2x Overheating

Blazex2002

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
so after checking around my 2x, trying to get it fixed after headphones stopped responding to plug again and re-soldered... now the system boots and dies, which then some said the buttons or something might be shorted.
just got finished riping it open and tried to boot it on wall/batteries, it wont stay on at all now(screen will flicker like its dead and speakers kinda hiss) and the area where x/y/a/b/start/select(the general region) is overheating making the unit smell like its burning. took me a few mins to figure where it was coming from.
any suggestions?
id like to get my 2x up and running again.

Blazex posted on Dec 18 2006 at 11:10 AM said:
so after checking around my 2x, trying to get it fixed after headphones stopped responding to plug again and re-soldered... now the system boots and dies, which then some said the buttons or something might be shorted.
just got finished riping it open and tried to boot it on wall/batteries, it wont stay on at all now(screen will flicker like its dead and speakers kinda hiss) and the area where x/y/a/b/start/select(the general region) is overheating making the unit smell like its burning. took me a few mins to figure where it was coming from.
any suggestions?
id like to get my 2x up and running again.
I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, it sounds like your GP2X is now fried :(. But in case I am wrong, send a message to EvilDragon as he has quite a bit of experience in GP2X repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back