2x Not Responding

Blazex2002

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
recently my gp2x(MK-1 bought it right before the system changed to the mk-2 models, its about 6 months or so old) had to be re-soldered because the headphone port had lost connection for the second time, which happened when i was watching a movie on the coaster after someone pointed out they could hear my movie even tho it had headphones plugged, had the connection re-connected and now the system isnt responding quite correctly, i plugged some headphones in with a smaller port than my dj style phones....
there is intereference noise on startup and the screen flickers then it boots into gmenu and boots directly into a program that is already selected and then if i manage to actually boot into the program it gets into it brings up the menu within gmenu and attempts to get back into the program, i tried without my card in and booted into the 2x menu and it flipped into the video and tried accessing the sd card that wasnt present and backed out and it did it all over again...
another thing is the batteries are showing up as completely empty, so i plugged in the wall and basically the light stayed on.
if you can make heads or tails of this please respond, it was the only thing keeping me awake at 6am on the train so i wouldnt miss my stop or go bored

hm, sounds like one or more buttons are shorted, maybe the rubber isnt aligned corrctly so it presses against the case?

Don't hit any button before the GP2X booted correctly. (if it happens) I find it kinda strange my GP2X froze a couple of times while booting. I just hit it lightly on the right side everytime, so it reboots.

This problem seems to happen more after doing that though..

NoidZ posted on Dec 15 2006 at 11:44 PM said:
Don't hit any button before the GP2X booted correctly. (if it happens) I find it kinda strange my GP2X froze a couple of times while booting. I just hit it lightly on the right side everytime, so it reboots.

This problem seems to happen more after doing that though..
Why not just flick the switch, each hit damages the battery contacts adn probably weakens the GP2x's already shoddy solder joints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back