2Nd Batch

1magus

Will the 2nd batch be 4000 units also? And how long before they sell out once they start going on sale, any estimates?

I'm sure you'll get one. 3 weeks ago I could've got in on the 1st batch. Emailed this tuesday and they'd sold out.

Well I still have a Google checkout link for the first batch, they told me it was going to expire like a week ago but it never did. I can still click on it and order one, do you think it would work or do you think they would just give me a refund when they realized the problem?

Just because the google link works doesn't mean they have the stock. You should have used it ASAP if you wanted in on the first batch.

XD, its a fault on both sides.

OPT should have closed that link and TylerAW should have paid long ago if he wanted one.

whatever is going to happen, it will all depend of the management of the consoles.

DroneB Dev said:
XD, its a fault on both sides.

OPT should have closed that link and TylerAW should have paid long ago if he wanted one.

whatever is going to happen, it will all depend of the management of the consoles.
It's not my fault my folks won't let me :p, but yes it is both faults.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still 4000, but if you follow the link it's not fully decided when they'll start

Na-Noo said:
Still 4000, but if you follow the link it's not fully decided when they'll start
Maybe it's useful to make a kind of mailing list thing so as soon as the preorder for the second batch starts, messages are sent.. Don't blame me for not having preordered for the first batch.. I only found out about the pandora like one week ago.. The pandora is one of the least-known devices.

I think it would be wise not to put an arbitrary limit on the second batch, or to at the very least not announce it publicly. They will have ~6000 cases left over from the initial run from china, so they can make ~6000 more Pandoras without placing another order for another 10000.

If they start taking orders and the ~6000 sell like hotcakes, I'd quietly place an order for the next 10000 cases and keep taking orders until demand dried up or the lead times for LCD's, Nubs, or board parts became prohibitive.

Also I believe if you ask about the second batch they'll mail when the next set of pre-orders starts.
Personally I would try to keep checking here regularly though. It seems that sometimes their mailing lists goes a bit doo-laly...

We will hopefully hear something about the second batch next week.

May have 10,000 cases but the other parts like nubs etc, may only have enough for the stated 4000 for the second batch.

Yea sorry did see that, but I think the pre-order nature of the project is such that it's best to only take for the 4000 max.

I think they just need to go with what they can handle.

Hopefully with the 2nd batch they will be able to afford a profession assembly factory as well. That should help move things along much better.

mindlord said:
Hopefully with the 2nd batch they will be able to afford a profession assembly factory as well. That should help move things along much better.
I'm just hoping they can afford to get us our tv-cables. :lol:

Only just added it, not that I have use for it personally so not a big deal. But I was going to let people at work use it at lunch times connected to a projector to play games, usb hub couple controllers.....

Na-Noo said:
I'm just hoping they can afford to get us our tv-cables. :lol:

Only just added it, not that I have use for it personally so not a big deal. But I was going to let people at work use it at lunch times connected to a projector to play games, usb hub couple controllers.....
That's very nice of you... I on the other hand will probably brutally murder anyone who so much as looks at my Pandora funny. ;P

Back