256GB Lexar SDXC for $19.99?!!!??!!! And free shipping?!! Is this even true?

Why would anyone spend 941,99€ for a USB-Stick? oO
portability/pocketability and and income where spending ~1000€ does not "hurt" as much as it would "hurt" 85% of the population ?
That's what I mean.

As so big Sticks exist the smaller Versions are cheaper.

You can get a 256 gb Stick for about 150€.

If that would be true for SD-cards as well I would be so happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some research regarding the PNY 256 gb SDXC.

Here are 2 shops that sell them:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8967120

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1016078-REG/pny_technologies_p_sdx256u1h_ge_256gb_elite_sdxc_uhs_1_card.html

The first shop even did make a video.

I don't think they are fake any more.

They might be crap but no fake.

Would you really make a video for a fake SD-card.

Would be bad advertising for a shop I think.

For 99$ I might try out one.

It's just for music.

So if the card isn't fast it's not that important for me.

Will do some more research.

EDIT: Even Amazon sells them.

I trust Amazon not to offer fake products.

I ... NEED ... THIS .... CARD!!

NOW!!

;) .

EDIT 2:

Got one.

From bad, evil Ebay.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/271486622108?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This time the seller has more than 30 ratings and not as buyer but as seller.

Also it's the same price as in the US shops.

Why this one?

I don't have to make a new account in some shop.

Also this one handles taxes for me (+36$).

I hope things will be easier for me and i don't have to pick it up at the customs.

Also it says it has tracking for the shipment.

I'm serious this time and hope for a Sd card that is usable as Data storage SD-card.

All in all I did pay 150€ (incl. shipping and Tax).

If the card does what it should then I'm more than happy.

@ Germans (Ingoreis ;) ).

There's one card left from that seller.

If one wants one, too then hurry.

I want a second one but I want to test the card before wasting 150€ (a second time).

I will keep you all informed and do the test as soon as I have the card :) .

I hope it will work with Pandora.

No one said the card in general was fake, 256GB cards exist, but the ones sold on eBay for $20 is going to be fake. ;) This is why SD cards are dangerous to buy online, anyone can take a crappy card and slap a legitimate looking sticker on it.

So shenmue, has the seller taken your money and closed their ebay account yet?
I guess so!

50PPe4G.jpg

Heading over to Resolution Center now :D

No one said the card in general was fake, 256GB cards exist, but the ones sold on eBay for $20 is going to be fake. ;)
This is why SD cards are dangerous to buy online, anyone can take a crappy card and slap a legitimate looking sticker on it.
I did say the PNY card was a fake ;) .

I never did hear of this one and couldn't find it on the official homepage.

Also the price did seem too good.

As quite a lot stores do offer them I think this card is real.

Only thing that is strange is that all the Google results for 256gb Cards are the Lexar ones.

Maybe Lexar did pay some money to suppress others ...

At bhphotovideo (I consider them highly reputable), they have 2 manufacturers for 256GB SDXC cards.

Lexar $399

PNY $139

The PNY one even lists higher write speeds than the Lexar (60MB/s Vs 45MB/s).

I could see buying a pair of those when the Pyra comes out.  In theory the price should come down and the number of manufacturers producing them should go up by then.

I've made the mistake before of buying 'high end' memory cards before the device I planned to use them in - only to have the device I purchased them for get delayed long enough that the cards were no longer 'high end'...

Tapwave Zodiac - I bought two 512MB SD cards, it got delayed, then I bought two 1GB cards.  When it was released I went after 4GB (SD not SDXC) cards.

Pandora - I bought two 16GB SD cards, it got delayed, then I bought two 32GB cards, it got delayed.  I used those for a year or so in my Pandora before the 128GB cards came out then went that way.

I'm not going to curse the Pyra project by pre-buying cards for it.

I'm not going to curse the Pyra project by pre-buying cards for it.
Thank you so much.

That makes me sleep well tonight.

ve made the mistake before of buying 'high end' memory cards before the device I planned to use them in
I won't do that as well.

That's why I don't buy the SSDs (and other stuff) for my planned Pyra suitcase for now.

But I do hope Pandora does support the 256 gb cards.

I need the space.

If not, not too much is lost.

I don't think 512 gb cards will be out in ybout 1 year for an affordable price.

Yes but the 512 GB Stick is now here and work slow but very Fine.

I am Copying now my Playstation 2 Games on it and play them over USBAdvance on the Slim ^_^

:)And i paid 32 Euro for the 512GB USB Stick .
slow should be fine for the PS2 as its USB ports are only 1.1 not 2

is your PS2 slim chipped or are you using FMCB? for USB play there are two other alternatives OPL and PS2ESDL the latter is optimised more for USB play..

check for them over at psx-scene.com . i use the same name there as here...

My card has been shipped :) .
Can you make a screenshot of how it looks in System Info? (if you press "Z" in System Info it will put a file called "screenshot.bmp" in your appdata, you can use e.g. PIV to convert it to a more suitable format like png).

Can you make a screenshot of how it looks in System Info? (if you press "Z" in System Info it will put a file called "screenshot.bmp" in your appdata, you can use e.g. PIV to convert it to a more suitable format like png).
Estimated delivery date is 24 - 31. May :) .
And you might want to take some very high resolution macro photos of the front and back of the card.  Assuming it isn't actually a Lexar 256GB SDXC card, maybe we can figure out what it was that they rebranded and altered?

Estimated delivery date is 24 - 31. May :) .
And you might want to take some very high resolution macro photos of the front and back of the card.  Assuming it isn't actually a Lexar 256GB SDXC card, maybe we can figure out what it was that they rebranded and altered?
I'm not talking about the Lexar fake card any more.

I did order a PNY one for 150€.

Those seem to be real.

See some posts above for the links.

I don't expect to get the Lexar one.

Just cancelled my order for the PNY 256 GB sd card (from tigerdirect.ca).  Ordered it April 30, it was listed as in stock...after calling them several times and listening to increasingly improbable stories I decided it was enough.

Mine did ship the next day.

I have the international tracking number.

What are those stories you did hear?

Is the seller crap or the card?

Mine did ship the next day.

I have the international tracking number.

What are those stories you did hear?

Is the seller crap or the card?
I never received the card, but I didn't find anything negative about it while researching it.  The problems were with the seller:

First story -  item is in stock, oops...item is not in stock

Second story -  it's coming from third party warehouse...

Third story - sorry, not available, we'll ship one out tomorrow from our warehouse...

Fourth story - sorry, I don't know why it hasn't shipped - I'll inquire - you should receive a shipping notice in 48 hours

Fifth story - we apologize, we'll inquire about the status - that will take 48 hours

Weird. I order from Tiger Direct all the time (like, twice a year maybe over the last 5 or 6 years) and have never had any problems. I place my order, stuff shows up a few days later.

Back